Import files for collaborations.

Started by piljoe, July 04, 2011, 04:20:52 PM

piljoe

Hello All,

I just received a couple of downloads from a fellow micro br user and I have no clue how to get them into my recorder to add my bits......very confused!!

Thanks in advance,
                                            piljoe

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

connect your micro br to your computer or insert your sd card into a card reader on your pc.

i am assuming your friend sent you an mp3.

on your computer your micro br or sd card should show as MICRO_BR (F) the f in brackets is how it is assigned on my pc. depends how many hard drives inputs etc which letter it is assigned.

open the micro br folder.
there is two folders
mp3  and roland.

open the mp3 folder and drag and drop the mp3 sent to you to that folder.

remove the sd card or disconnect your mbr from the pc.

if the mp3 sent, is a track for you to add to. eg someone has sent you a completed track looking for vocal additions.

turn on your microbr and create a new song.

press utility  then tr1(SNG) then tr2 (NEW) then tr4 (EXE)
you have created a new song folder.

now you want to import the mp3 into the song folder

press utility then tr2(TRK) then press the cursor button directly under the utility button

then press tr1(IMP) use the value   buttons + and - to locate the mp3 you want to import. then press tr4(NEXT)
default setting is import to tr1 -v1

which is importing to track 1 if you do this track will be mono.

if you have a stereo track then press  the plus value button under the input button until you see import to tr12v1.

then press tr1(TIM) this will import the stereo track to tracks 1 and 2. once the track is imported, pan i track full left and the other track full left. you have tracks 3 and 4 to add to. if you need to add more than two tracks you can bounce.

if the track sent to you is an addition to a song you are working on. and you still have it saved on your microbr.

transfer the mp3s as above.
open the relevant song folder.
 if you have final mix of song say on tracks 1 and 2 v3 and tracks 3 nd 4 v3 are empty.

follow the above advice  
earlier i said
"press  the plus value button under the input button until you see import to tr12v1". do this again until it shows tr34v1, but then press the cursor under the utility button once so the 1 after the v is underlined then press the plus value button until it reads tr34v3.

that is again assuming it is a stereo track you are adding. if it is a mono track you can select  tr3v3 or tr4v3.
the again press tr1(TIM) and mp3s will be imported to the relevant tracks.

hope that makes sense.

the more you do it the easier it gets.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

piljoe

...thank you very much for the details....the files my friend sent are not in mp3, they are very much like the files in the "roland" folder. I am guessing he will have to remedy that for me before we continue forward here...(:

piljoe

..in fact, I just double checked and they are exactly the same type of files in the Roland folder...so am I correct that my friend has to fix this on his end before I can proceed?

64Guitars

Well, that's an unusual way to collab but it's okay. Just create a new song and take note of the name (ie; SONGxxxx). Then connect your BR to your computer and find the folder with the same name on the BR. Drag your friend's files to that folder, overwriting the files that are already there. Just be very careful that you get the right folder. Otherwise, you could be overwriting a completely different song which will then be lost forever. I'd recommend making a complete backup of the card before you attempt this. Better still, if you have a spare memory card that's empty, use that. There will only be one song on it so it's a bit simpler and you can't go wrong because there's nothing on the card to worry about losing. If you don't have a spare memory card, consider buying one. They're fairly inexpensive and it's always good to have a spare or two.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

piljoe

ok...got it, I do have a spare memory card so I will give it a try.