fabfest surface detail by oldrottenhead and rata-tat-tat

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 23, 2011, 10:07:16 AM

Bluesberry

Holy sheeeeet Jim, what a song.  The drums hold it all together, what a damn drum track, fantastic.  Then you go all flipping awesome here and turn this into a monster.  Wonderful vocal.  Piano is spot on.  I am impressed big time.  You sound a little bit like Greeny here.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Very different, very cool. Love the way you built this from a drum track. Really nice jazzy feel to it, I can see you being the jazz lounge lizard.

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 23, 2011, 02:17:26 PMferryman is about the only person on the forum that will understand it and that is assuming he has read the book

Bad news - I haven't read it yet! But I do know what special circumstances is..........

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Well, what do we have here? What a great assembly of tracks - One of the best I've heard from you. Sounds awesome!! Very deep, I love it!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Rata-tat-tat

Man... I'm still blown away... this is totally different than what I had expected.... I absolutely love this... I've got this one in the que also... wanna clean up that ending and all of my flubs. Damn Jim this is tooo smooth... I cannot believe how good you made my test bed sound. This place is the SHIZZZZ
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Wiley

This is really coming along great!!  OOO   The redo!!  Real drums and ORH!! 

Ferryman

I came back to this one because I just finished reading the book. I'm glad I didn't pay too much attention to the lyrics because I realised that would have spoiled the ending for me!

Jim and Rata, I'm really loving this. Not at all what I'd expect to be the backing for a sci-fi space opera, but it works (I suspect Av Demeisen would like the approach!). Jim, you did a great job here, the bass and piano is really well done - just enough to create a really interesting backdrop but not too much to overwhelm. The drums sound great, I really like this just the way it is. No need for a redo IMO but I'd be interested to hear it if you do ever get round to it.

Great collab guys, lovely to hear real drums.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 06, 2011, 01:51:16 AMcheers nigel, tod did do a redo here is the link https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=11245

i assume you enjoyed the book?

Book was brilliant (as per usual). I don't know how he does it, such imagination! Will toddle off to the new version soon.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR