Reflection (own composition)

Started by tafka, December 02, 2008, 12:12:37 PM

Oldrottenhead

another nice one tony, and yes flash it is a friendly place, except for the odd  (couldnt think of a better or more accurate verb) time i get pissed and post some sweary wurdz. also im amazed no-ones ripped into my go at suppers ready yet.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on December 03, 2008, 04:20:12 AMim amazed no-ones ripped into my go at suppers ready yet.

Are you disappointed?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAre you disappointed?
no..........relieved  lmao.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

indierik

You have a great touch. I got plenty of emotion out of it. Keep up the great work.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Greeny

I agree with everyone who picked up on the emotion you've put into this track. It's beautifully played and with real feeling.

Lovely work - and it's great to see those amazing skills used on original tracks as well as covers.

:)

Oldrottenhead

176. hold it together02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
tony sent me the track without lead guitar so i could do a vox/lyric,

i found it quite difficult as backing track  didnt vary much, so after seeking tony's permission, i imported the track into cubase and pitch shifted a couple of parts to break it up.

i then dug out a lyric i wrote a week or two ago,(remember i asked for music in another post?) sang it over backing, sent it to tony he put some lead guitar back on.

i wasnt happy with my vocals on 1st take so got tony to send lead guitar and imported into the song, and this helped me with cues for vocal timing.

this isnt the finished version as there is some peaking in the vox, as they go from very quiet to quite loud, so some experimentation with recording levels to do.

but here is what is now called "hold it together"
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Wonderful stuff guys, you can't see the seams at all.

Very atmospheric. Melancholy - back to the Bury Me in Blue Grass - the Scots do it so well. (Huge sweeping stereotyping statement).

A serious thought is that if you two can do this as good as this at the sort of distances that you are doing it over, with the kit that you are using, I wonder what you could achieve in a studio with engineering and production staff to help you. This work shows what charlatans some in the music business are.

Well done Tony and Jim. Fantastic, rounded, competent, creative stuff.

My hat is off to you guys, and you know how cold I get without my hat.

- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

176. hold it together final mix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
cheers flash. here is what could be the final mix, managed to get the levels a bit better to avoid peaking.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Fantastic stuff - polished, moving and subtle. I think this is one of your best vocals, ORH  :)