So Much Better

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, January 22, 2011, 01:40:49 PM

Ted

Is nobody hearing but me hearing shades of Neil Diamond?

Anyone?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Kenny B

Nice song.  Very relaxing and enjoyable.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Willie, great work here. I think Neil described it well, captivating. A lovely song, very well played and I like the vocal work a lot. There may be a touch of Neil Diamond there but as I don't know his work (apart from the real obvious ones that everyone knows), it's hard for me to say. I like the low vocal you have used here, it works really well. Really nice subtle guitar solo as well.

I didn;t find the guitar distracting until Ted mentioned it, and IMO s a little too much for the first part. But it doesn't spoil the overall song or arrangement, which is excellent.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

Quote from: Ted on January 25, 2011, 12:03:53 PMIs nobody hearing but me hearing shades of Neil Diamond?
Yes, now that you mentioned it ...

It's the deep voice, I think.

Regards,
  Steffen

xicpanad

This is a very good song, all the things showing up gradually, make the song more and more enjoyable and adding so much to the wonderfull vocal performance. just a great listen, no doubt.

Sounds so professional. Radios should come here once in a while and pick songs to change the comercial style they always try to sell. If that happened, this would be picked, for sure.
Music is my life, life is my inspiration...

Bluesberry

Here we go, real as the wind and grass.  I love this song Willie.  I could analyze all the little things that work for me, but it would just be words...instead I will listen and enjoy this real beauty of a song for what it is.  Great song, this song really does it for me.  I have listened to a lot of music today, and this is a standout for me.

As for the guitar part that is distracting for some, I say it is perfect.  Funny how we all hear things different, I really like that guitar there in the pre-drum part, works very well for me.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

I like every part of this song Willie. I hear shades of Neil Young (that was for Ted). Fantastic lyrics, and the music was done with a perfectly delicate treatment. Like BB said, The rest is just words, I enjoyed it for what it was, a wonderful song.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Wonderful song Willie, love the way it builds...am a big fan of songs like this.

Your vocal is outstanding, and I also get a bit of a Neil Diamond feel from this.

One of your best in my opinion.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

And I'm detecting a dash of Neil Sedaka too.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

OsCKilO

This calms the Soul Bro...

The build is Superb and keeps you interested all the way through.

And that Vox is Wise and Sublime!

10/10 for this one Mr Wendon!

Great song!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy