Wake up while you can

Started by karl1171, May 08, 2024, 01:44:27 AM

karl1171

Wake up 192 v1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Possibly the first song I've ever written from a guitar riff :o

It might not sound like it now but I initially had some trouble singing what I'd written to fit! I managed it after a few tries!

the physics teacher

It's perfect, it must be Liverpool genes.🙂
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Blooby

This is pop gold. Has an English Beat sort of feel to it. Really well done.

Downloaded to my beloved Songcrafters folder

Blooby

StephenM

Indeed a great track...thumping goodness.
I dig the organ...
Vocals are exc!
Fine fine songcrafting.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

Very nice song and well constructed. Great vocal and production/arranging.
Ray Brookes

ODH

Really like that riff and a great vocal
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Johnbee

Very enjoyable listen.  Many interesting things going on in this tune.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

hardlock

A fine song all around! Dig how it's put together. Great listen. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Farrell Jackson

The organ sounds great. What are you using to get this fine sound? Your vocals and melody are pure gold. The bass has a cool thump that nails the bottom down with ease. The guitar riff keeps the song grounded in a good way. Great songwriting, recording and mix, Karl!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

There's no waking up anymore. I've been woken up by my dogs every night after sleeping for just a few hours. That's dogs life!

I was going on a tangent and then something caught my ear. This song is really good. It's a bit rough in the edges, but damn if that isn't classic rock with an ageless bent then nothing is. Your vocals are honest and down to the point. Kinda making me envious. The rhythm guitar is right on the money.

I didn't even notice the organ until Mr. Farrell nicely pointed it out in his commentary. So you DID in fact have musical help. The same applies to the rest of the backing track. The way you've arranged the song makes it play at a nice clip. There's no dead air hanging around this song. It hits the spot.

Karl, you did great!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper