'So Am I' Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, January 17, 2011, 04:05:16 AM

lectric

Love that melody. I may borrow it one day.  Seriously great everything , vox, music, production.  Another ready for radio tune......Ted
Dance as if no one were watching.
Sing as if no one were listening.
And live every day as if it were your last.
- Irish proverb

Gritter

Sweet layers of guitars. Clean and jangly. Nice dynamics to this one.

holdempok

it blows me away every time the quality you produce from the BR. Damn man this is good.
How long this one take. 1 hr? it would take me weeks to get it sounding this good.
Why don't we do it on the road?

Vanncad

Love those harmonies Greeny.

I think your MBR must have been made by Jack Lalanne  - because you are sure squeezing a lot of juice out of that baby!!

You never dissapoint man. Your songs always sound fantastic. I don't know how you pump so many quality tunes out.
This is another great tune to add to your set list.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

des0free

Kick butt!  The usual interesting lyrics and great guitar tones.  The slower paced vocals work here.  Talented electric lead weaving around the chords gives energy to this.  Songcraftastic!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

Another great song Tim, I think the lyrics on this one are particularly good, you have some great images there and it really makes this a very touching piece. Songwriting at its best, because the chords and guitar work just complement the words so well.

Lovely stuff, as everyone else says, you never disappoint. A pleasure to listen to.

Cheers,

Nigel

henwrench

Quote from: des0free on January 18, 2011, 09:24:46 PMSongcraftastic!

Thats it, thats the word right there..... 'nuff said.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

daveyboy

Having only recently purchased a Micro BR, I am amazed at the quality of recordings that I am hearing on this sitethat are produced using this device. Another fine example here, but it is also the songwriting and performance that also shines through...it really is a top quality song.

If I can ever get a recording sounding 50% as good as this, I will be a happy man!!!

Greeny

Quote from: daveyboy on January 19, 2011, 08:04:04 AMHaving only recently purchased a Micro BR, I am amazed at the quality of recordings that I am hearing on this sitethat are produced using this device. Another fine example here, but it is also the songwriting and performance that also shines through...it really is a top quality song.

If I can ever get a recording sounding 50% as good as this, I will be a happy man!!!

The MBR is a remarkable piece of kit. It has all the fx patches, drum patterns and mixing / panning / tweaking capabilities to make very professional-sounding recordings. I'm onto song 400+ on it, and I still can't quite believe how good it is. It did seem a bit daunting at first, but actually works out very intuitive when you get up to speed. It doesn't take too long to be very comfortable with it and to get the best out of your music. I mentioned on another thread that the A&R site Taxi.com have been giving me 8 and 9 out of 10 for recording and production quality. They are harsh critics, so on a sub £150 bit of kit, that's incredible.

Spending some time getting the drums right is a good tip. Don't just rush a song out with any old rhythm: spend some time on getting the right fills and 'feel'. It makes a big difference. And getting the panning right is another thing that adds a professional sheen.

Thanks for the kind words, and I hope you get as much pleasure as I have out of the MBR!

Kenneth

Been forced to listen to the radio lately at work. 14 days straight now of "DJ turn it up up up up up up up..."

Feeling naucious... heard it again half hour ago, ... ready to puke...

click on a Greeny song.... oh....finally.... I feel better.... nursed back to health....

I have the strength now to go on....

;D

You rock Greeny, cool song!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman