If you could have only 1 guitar, which one would it be?

Started by FuzzFace, November 19, 2008, 08:39:38 AM

bydle

I do own one guitar only. Before it was a LP copy and now a Squier (3xSC just strat). I just can't choose which one is better for me. I think I need at least 2 electric and 1 accoustic guitar. There cannot be only one  :)

SteveG

I am not a "collector", I have 5, but one ... no way, cant be done! What I have (Epi SG, Strat(ish), Bass, Jumbo and standard acoustic) covers most bases. Could do with replacing the jumbo tho  :-\

Tony

I couldn't reply when it was just one guitar but now that we're 'fessing up, it's a different thing.  Like SteveG, I'm not a collector but I have tried to cover my needs over time. I have 5 guitars and they each have a different job:
A no-name handmade acoustic archtop with a floating neck p/up
Suzuki ES335 copy
Squier Strat
Gitane D500 acoustic (Selmer-Maccaferra copy)
Republic Parlour acoustic

The 335 gets the most work but if I had to choose just one I'd fight to keep both the 335 and the archtop.  Apart from those two covering all the sounds, I just love to sit with either of them.

Glenn Mitchell

Just one? Thos I always lusted after a vintage strat for it's bell-like sound, I'd have to say it would have to be a good acoustic (With pickup) because then you don't need anything else to make it sound great and you can take it with you.
I have a couple of Yamakis I'm very happy with. (a Martin clone)
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

lemonstar

Fender Jaguar with twin humbuckers

Gibson Explorer in natural or light wood finish

and the same Gibson SG already mentioned (actually several models would be on my list)

SteveB

The one in my Avatar. Eric Clapton Fender Stratocaster in Candy Apple Green. Not too fussed about playing like Eric, hey, I'll bet Eric can't play like ME! But you just know that at least you'll be getting a damn well-made piece of equipment that will last you a lifetime.  8) 'Sighs'

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

assassin

If it was just 1 guitar it would be an accoustic.

OsCKilO

It would have to be my Tanglewood TBS800

It can be played as an accoustic and is supprisingly loud!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Blooby

If I could just have one, it would definitely be an acoustic, probably a Martin although I admit to not knowing a lot of what's out there.

For electrics, you can get a fair amount of tones out of the Ernie Ball/Musicman Steve Morse guitar.  I should play mine more, but I'm still in love with my piece o' crap Squier Telecaster.

Blooby

Bro

A simple one would be a fender strat.
I'd take a Jeff Beck signature!

If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.