This Thing Returns

Started by henwrench, January 12, 2011, 04:58:45 AM

henwrench

This Thing Returns
Time:
0:00
Volume:
  Couldn't be bothered to tart up this shit in Audacity.

henwrench

MIX 2 FUTHER DOWN PAGE>>>>>>>STILL KEEPS BEING SHIT THOUGH>>>>>>>
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Some tarts look better without lots of make-up, lol.

These are hooks that go deep. There's still the quirkiness we expect and love, but there's an added polish and more traditional feel to the songwriting that I'm really digging. I love the clean intro (great guitar tone and playing!) and how it gives way to the strange groove of the rest of the song. The bass is bloody immense too. I don't think you've done a song I haven't loved, but this feels up there amongst the best. Another winner for me. 

Geir

Quote from: Greeny on January 12, 2011, 06:01:33 AMI don't think you've done a song I haven't loved, but this feels up there amongst the best. Another winner for me. 
Ditto that !! And the rest Tim said for that matter.

This is my 50th song in my Henwrench folder, and a song that will get more listens at a louder volume when I get home !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Gnasty

Boing boing!! haha...This is most excellent!!

I agree with the intro and that bass sounds extremely fat and clear. Great slide too..Love it!

Another Henny classic!! Two thumbs up!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

cuthbert

My goodness, there's a lot going on here, and all in service to a great song.

Love the melodica and Jew's harp on this, and the slide guitar sounds superb. It all sounds superb! And the long fadeout is perfect.

Another henwrench hit!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

jings crivvens and help ma boab anither henny instant classic
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gritter

Zoinks! this is real good...I think this one will take quite a few listens to fully digest. Love the Jew's harp, bass and that wonderful slide!

Tony W

Another winner. Mark you're a genius man.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Just love all the  sounds going on, there mixed so well, vox and bass are the stand outs, but apart from all this, this is just great song loved it!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ferryman_1957

Catchy, compelling, wacky and wonderful. The harmonica and jews harp combo is sublime, the bass line as inventive as ever, great stuff. I always enjoy your postings, they give my day a bit of zing.

Now if you were to tart this brown stuff up, I did find the vox a little middly on my monitors, so a bit more presence would help them cut through. Doesn't detract though, it's a great track. I loved the way you recorded the clean guitar btw, that sounds superb.

Cheers,

Nigel