Metal tune needs vocals...

Started by MFer, December 17, 2010, 08:20:25 PM

MFer

untitled 01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Interested to see who comes up with what....Have fun!

Oldrottenhead

an interesting piece matt, i'll stick it on my mbr and see if i can get inspired no promises tho, it's structure on first listen doesn't seem suited for a lyric and vocals but i will try and fin a way in. and metal is not a genre i usually dabble with but i'll have a bash.

are the drums the br600s onboard drums.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

the drake equation
Time:
0:00
Volume:
okay had a go, the music was a bit hot and distorting in my mbr so reduced volume to 80, not sure if this will be what you where expecting but hope you like it. like i said i dont have a rock voice , but maybe someone out there may want to redo it in an appropriate vocal style, hope you like it matt, it's called "the drake equation"
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

Nice track MFer. It's kind of out of my usual comfort zone, but there's some really good arranging going on in there. I like the guitar playing as well. And the drums! The whole thing builds nicely and rocks like a good un ;D

I couldn't see how to put anything on there myself, so I wondered what orh would do - I'm kind of guessing he's even less familiar with this type of stuff than I am.

But wow - I like what you've done on there with the vox, orh. I'm equally unsure whether it's what MFer might have in mind!  :D. However, I have a feeling that keeping your vocal for "verses" and then replacing or overlaying some other parts with the appropriate kind of rock voice would be really effective.

What gets me though, look at the time between your first and second post - an hour and a quarter!!! That includes downloading and re-uploading, not to mention importing into a song on the mbr, mixing and then exporting to mp3...

So, figuring out the structure, thinking up something to sing, then recording it... all in a genre you're unfamiliar with ...took something less than 50 minutes or so :o - hats off to you sir!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

i know andy it took much longer than usual lol.

joking aside i thought it took much longer than that cos i struggled with it trying to find a way in, the genre and structure was a bit alien to me, which inspired the theme of the drake equation, i watched a documentary on the bbc iplayer before i went to bed last night, so the words came quickly, but i spent more time trying to find a way in, not sure if it was successful or not but i can imagine it being sung in a more metal style, maybe vanncad or gnasty could have a go.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

:D It can easily take me up to 50 minutes just to turn the power on! (obviously, this includes a lot of ancilliary "time and materials" tasks such as getting off the sofa, making sure the heating is at the right temperature, checking I haven't got any emails, looking out of the window, tuning three guitars I don't need for the job in hand, etc, etc...)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Bluesberry

Quote from: AndyR on December 18, 2010, 06:14:55 AM:D It can easily take me up to 50 minutes just to turn the power on! (obviously, this includes a lot of ancilliary "time and materials" tasks such as getting off the sofa, making sure the heating is at the right temperature, checking I haven't got any emails, looking out of the window, tuning three guitars I don't need for the job in hand, etc, etc...)
Hahaha, your work structure sounds like mine Andy...50 minutes to turn on the power indeed.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gnasty

I can relate to that music Matt. Awesome work!! And for Orh to take a stab at this is utterly amazing.

I know you SAY your not a metal lover but now you gotta come out the closet ;D
It must of gave you an out of soul feeling at some point..LOL Excellent!!

Mommy is proud of you Jim ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Speed Demon

Bluesberry, it usually takes me an hour to make Minute Rice. Talk about distracted....

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Speed Demon

Hey, Old Metal Head! We found you out!
You talked your way through the song, which is pretty much the way most heavy metal vocalists do the job. You did good.

I may have to whip up something even heavier just for you to play with.
Something on a planetary destruction scale.

Gene

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.