my captain by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, December 17, 2010, 06:12:44 PM

Damián

Great tribute
feeling that someone really special has gone...very emotional

jackofall

Beautiful melancholy. A Heartfelt song.
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Geir

Stunning and touching tribute James !!

a keeper
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Groundy

Great tribute Jim, excellent recording........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

henwrench

So very oldrottenhead, so very moving, makes me wanna grow fins and take up with a mermaid...
   I know a couple of you weirdo's who prowl these pages love Zappa and find it hard to grasp that old henwrench couldn't give a fig for Frank and his Mothers.... but Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band is definately the side I fall on. I fucking love all his shit... it is an envelope I lick and stick on a near daily basis. It's so wrong, it's right. When I'm on a major Beefheart trip, I find it difficult to listen to anything else, it's all so generic, so normal, so straight it hurts. And that includes The Beatles. Ween helps. And maybe a bit of Laurie Anderson. The first single I bought off my own back, my own choice, striking my own path, I went to Woolworths, handed over 75p and purchased 'O Superman'. I was 11 years old. The first album I bought was 'The Spotlight Kid'. I was 11 and a half. I purchased the album from a record store that sadly no longer exists called 'Cyclops' in Picadilly Arcade, Birmingham.
     Thanks, Jim. You did it again.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Lovely tribute Jim. Like so many I bought Trout Mask Replica and thought that was it, but there was far more on offer if you had the time to look.             Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

i have always struggled with trout mask replica but like the song says
QuoteMy captain
Was difficult
But so rewarding

my favourite album is clearspot

here is the title track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqYfmfEqi20

and xtc do a pretty good cover of ella guru from troutmask replica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y7d_TaFR18
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

mr2kewl

the Captian's artwork was just as interesting as his music.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

T.C. Elliott

Well done. This is a touching tribute.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London