Santa Brought You

Started by chip withrow, December 11, 2010, 08:23:13 AM

chip withrow

santa brought you
Time:
0:00
Volume:
YuleFest (banner image missing)

A Christmas song from a couple years back, with my daughter contributing spirited backing vocals.
I do all the other instruments - piano was my first instrument, and although now I'm mainly guitar and banjo, it's fun to play the keys now and then.
The computer with my recording software crashed recently - when I get some time off from work next week, I'm going to try to solve that problem and get some new music up here. In the meantime, here's my contribution to the holiday season!

Santa Brought You

Don't need to see snow this Christmas
Don't need a party to go to this Christmas
Love's shiny and new this Christmas
cause Santa brought you

Only thing on my list this Christmas
is your mistletoe kiss this Christmas
Sounds simple but true this Christmas
cause Santa brought you

My stocking hung by the chimney with care
just a sock with no mate til you made us a pair
I'll make some cookies if you'll lend a hand
cause then I'll know I'm your gingerbread man

When we sit by the fire this Christmas
reindeer couldn't fly higher this Christmas
No crowds or hullaballo this Christmas
cause Santa brought you

Been waiting all spring summer and fall
for someone to help me deck the hall
I know for sure this was meant to be
cause you're the angel flew right off the tree

Don't need to see snow ...

Bluesberry

Ah man that Hammond patch sounds fantastic.  I wish I could play keys as good as you man.  I love the sound of organ.  Great fun song and very nice to get your daughter involved, she is a natural.  You have given me an idea...I need to do up a christman song with my son...Great original christmas song.  I can't get enough of that organ, what did you use to get the sound, is it a real organ of software one? 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

mr2kewl

Chip, i have to say that your style is absolutely refreshing and inspiring to listen to.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

chip withrow

Quote from: Bluesberry on December 11, 2010, 08:38:47 AMAh man that Hammond patch sounds fantastic.  I wish I could play keys as good as you man.  I love the sound of organ.  Great fun song and very nice to get your daughter involved, she is a natural.  You have given me an idea...I need to do up a christman song with my son...Great original christmas song.  I can't get enough of that organ, what did you use to get the sound, is it a real organ of software one? 

Yep, my daughter is a natural - she often wanders into the back room when I'm recording and starts singing away, or banging or shaking some percussion. She's done that since she was able to walk - she's 9 now, and getting pretty good on the violin.
I have a hand-me-down (probably 13-14 years old) Technics keyboard with multiple organ settings - on this song, I use one of the jazz organ sounds. I'm also partial to the pop organ sound (similar to "My Best Friend's Girl" by the Cars). There's a cool theatre organ sound, too.
It's surprisingly authentic-sounding, I just wish it had weighted keys, especially for the piano and electric piano settings. We had to leave our real piano behind when we moved to Florida from Ohio - one of these days I want to get a nice upright again.
Thanks for listening!

AndyR

I only got as far as the start of verse two - my missus has nicked the headphones and is now shouting "this is really good!"... (I can just hear it - the phones are open backed)

Apparently, I could write her a Christmas song... look wot u dun! :D

Anyway, we love it :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Wiley

What a great Christmas post!!  And your little girl sounds just precious!!  Wait till she hears this 20 years from now!!   A memory forever!! Great job!!
PJ

stoman

What a lovely song, and a sweet little girl. :)

Regards,
  Steffen

Blooby

Enjoyable listen and your daughter's contributions are a priceless.

I noticed on your Facebook page that you play percussive guitar, but I'm curious what's producing the sounds.  Is it fingers on the face or are you "chucking" during your chording?

Take care.

Blooby

Gritter

This is great! I love it. Happy vibe and really good lyrics...and your daughter's voice is the icing on the cake...or should I say star on the christmas tree!? Great style here. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

SwanSong

HI there
Sorry bout the computer crash hope u get it going what a bummer
definately a sound card problem enjoyed this very much what i could
hear. definately next year re post. great job nice listen tc NEIL