God's got a halo but it don't fit me - original by IanR

Started by IanR, November 16, 2010, 04:15:29 AM

IanR

HALO_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I posted this tune as ringtone a few days ago and few people commented that they wanted it to be a longer song.  The words were written in a hurry last night and I've made a rough demo.

Its about consumerism.

I usually have words before I write music but this time it was the other way around.  Perhaps that means I'm becoming more of a musician than a poet  :)

I hope you smile when you hear it.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Redler

Nice tune and fine songwriting, Ian! Man and guitar - that's enough when the song is good. I like this...!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

See, if you were a UK resident and you needed another widescreen, you'd just get another kid; the extra child support benefit pays for the new TV.  Bingo.  God bless the welfare state...

Your song did make me smile, well constructed lyrics.  I like the guitar too - what is it?
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Yep it raised a smile with me. Great lyrics and good playing. Ticks all the boxes...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Vanncad

First of all - GREAT SONG TITLE!!

I love that title.
The song is well written too Ian.
I really enjoyed it. Straight to the point!

Good job!

P.S. - Maybe you're a poet and just don't "know-it".  ;D
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

peterp

Thats great!

Reminded me of the way too many times I've woken up in front of the TV at 2am only to find the shopping netowrk blaring something I coulden't be without at me.

Well done!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

IanR

Quote from: Nick / odh on November 16, 2010, 09:20:12 AMYour song did make me smile, well constructed lyrics.  I like the guitar too - what is it?

Its a Fender American Standard Strat (2009 model - still no scratches).  I recorded the song on my MBR.  I used the "Twangster" effect which a good approximation of a Vox amp.

I haven't done anything at all with the mix or anything.  It was all done in a rush.

However, I have started to use Audacity to tidy up the recordings I do a bit more.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

T.C. Elliott

I liked the title line, both lyrically and melodically. I agreed that the ringtone could have been developed and you did a mighty fine job of it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

The Reverend 48

Fantastic Lyrics and great vox all put together with a great melody guitar
Well Done