Professional Virgin

Started by Donna D, November 15, 2010, 01:21:50 PM

Wow, I'd like to think I played a small part in you posting this, an absolutely sublime song with wonderful contributions from all concerned. I refrain from offering you my top award as it may cause offence but this is top notch and then some...................Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

OsCKilO

As Pro as it gets!!!!

Superb sounding Track!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Donna D

Thank you so much, Gentlemen, for listening and for your kind comments. I've passed them on.  :)

The guys did fantabulous work. Amazing to think that the collaborators represent four countries: Canada (David & James), the US (Jim, Jay, & Marc), Dietmar (Germany), and the Netherlands (me, though I'm a Canadian). What with one thing and another, it took several weeks for everything to come together, but it did in the end.

Steffen, I found James on a country music forum and invited him over to MCS to sing 'Professional Virgin'. He did a grand job. I've not seen Dietmar in ages. I think he feels more at home with classical or semi-classical.

And yes, Willie, your own fine song (and comments in the thread) reminded me I had this one in my archives.  ;)

Though country isn't my all-time favourite genre, I think it gets a bad rap. There are some fine songs in the genre. David (who composed the track for PV) usually does rock, but he wanted to try his hand at a country tune. (Jay also usually does keys for blues, jazz, and rock.)

Perhaps in the New Year we could have a 'fest' of country songs here.  :)  Remembering that 'country' embraces a lot of interesting sub-genres. ;)

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Oldrottenhead

jings crivvens and help ma boab, powerful stuff.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Halem

Perfect song. Every instrument sounds great, mixing is so well balanced. And the lyrics - quite a story!

Gary F

This is such a great song ,deep lyrics!!!Wonderfully written and performed !!!!

Gary

Donna D

ORH, Halem, and Gary, I truly appreciate your comments.  :)  I've passed all these kudos on to the talented people who contributed to the song. Made their day.  ;)

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.