Main Menu

Wired

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, November 14, 2010, 09:41:49 AM

FuzzFace

This is a really great recording!  Very nice quality and singing and mix.  It's got a rhythm to that makes groovin' easy!

Quote from: Donna D on November 15, 2010, 12:46:54 PMI've written a few country lyrics Donna

Country lyrics make for good punk.

FuzzFace

Quote from: Willie Wendon on November 14, 2010, 09:41:49 AM...what could be better than writing a dark depressing piece of nonsense...

Nothing like gratuitous despair!

Donna D

I think I'll post one of my more depressing country songs, Willie.  ;)

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

I forgot to say that when I was out gigging seriously ( as in earning money from entertaining people [hopefully] we were known to the agents as a versatile). This meant we played a bit of everything, pop, rock and yes even punk although Londons Burning was never my favourite. In my humble opinion what punk did was let everybody, no matter how good or how bad they were musically express their frustrations to a wider audience, this I applaud. This site is called Songcrafters.org and I am always amazed at the inventiveness, the skill and the sheer  ability to move me, sometimes almost to tears with words or emotive musical patterns that I haven't found in a long, long time. For this I thank 64 Guitars, and Pedro before him and especially everyone out there that contributes. Right that's enough serious. I'm going to get drunk.......Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

IanR

Nice vibe willie.

I love the opening lines.  Starts with a cliche and then hits you with an amusing counter punch.

Classic.

IanR

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

chapperz66

Quote from: Willie Wendon on November 15, 2010, 12:41:51 PMI do believe that the genre doen't matter, a good song is a good song. Any words or music that can open your eyes to an emotion or can touch you somewhere has to be good doesn't it?...Willie

Amen to that Willie.  And this is a really good song.

I get to listen to musical genres here which I would probably normally miss altogether - and that can only be a good thing.

Paul.

Geir

Agree with eveything Paul said !!!

Great song Willie!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

stoman

Nice one! Have you tried how it would sound without drums? Might be a very nice guitar ballad too ...

Regards,
  Steffen

fenderbender

great song Willie -

you cant beat a sad country song  ;D ;D

ten out of ten Willie

-must try and do one myself  ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Les Warner

Nice song Willie, would love to put some harmonies on if you've saved the tracks. Les W