"Monkey rides a goat" a Geir original

Started by Geir, November 11, 2010, 03:59:19 PM

scottieD

Great fun!  I think the Monkees themselves would have had a hit with this! ;D

recorder
Boss BR-800
   Okay to cover...not sure why you'd want to though...

Ferryman_1957

Brilliant Geir, great fun but also a great feel - love the drum programming. I really must get going with the BR800.

Cheers,

Nigel

Geir

Geir - Monkey rides a goat (Acoustic)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
As a preperation of my trip to UK I rehearsed a couple of my songs to be able to do them with just a guitar and my voice. I did perform "A song for my friends", but this just got done in Mikes garden and didn't get recorded. I did however do a recording of one of my rehearsals a couple of days before the trip, so here's a taste of what it can sound like live, without a band to back me up.

cheers
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

I saw Geir perform this in Mike's garden! And very fabulous it was too. It's a groovy and frantic kind of unplugged brilliance. My son enjoyed this one a lot too, and it was a real privilege to see it done close-up and personal in our little deckchair 'songwriters circle'. A fantastic take on a fantastic song.

chip withrow

I love both versions! The first has a psychedelic folk feel, the second allows the vocal and overall songwriting to shine. Both are catchy and memorable.

Rata-tat-tat

The original track was brill... but the rehearsed track takes it to a whole new level. To play and sing this at the same time takes some real talent. Just any monkey could never perform like this. You are my true Monkey Hero G. Thanks for sharing. Gonna get some cheese now.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

launched

I just caught up with this one!

Sweeeeeetness of the tallest order!!!

Bring the monkeys back!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

The Reverend 48

Geir This has put a smile of my face......
Great crazy lyrics
and even Crazier delivery
Brilliant and original

Bluesberry

Listen to this............OTD...........BUMP..............I am not ashamed to bump the songs that I love.........I am happy to find them......listen to them.......BUMP them........love them some more.........kind of like that little monkey.........riding that little goat...........ride on Monkey.....ride on

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hook

Some bad ass monkey shit being thrown here, I'm covered in it and I love it.
Rock On! (hic burp hic)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely