Old Enough To Kill A Man (WW1 anti-war prog-rock)

Started by Donna D, November 10, 2010, 02:16:14 PM

Ferryman

Wonderful work, I really like the words and the way the song builds throughout, it's a really majestic piece. You did a great job with the lyrics, getting a real sense of loss without being mawkish. And the music is wonderful, great performance and production throught.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

holdempok

This is simply a masterpiece. Your voice is so amazingly strong. This must have taking some long hours to produce. Well done everyone!
Why don't we do it on the road?

pjd1

I have to say that is amazing !!! along with the video it is compeling viewing to say the least !! we should never forget those men and boys and your,e music is a fitting tribute to there loss !!! Youre, music is fabulous i am a glad to have heard your,e composition, pro stuff at its best

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Donna D

Ken, Nigel, holdempok, and Dunny, thank you for listening and for your comments.  :)
Billy's music and vocals are stunning. Yes, he put a lot of time into the composition/arrangement. It was a real labour of love.

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

I was a little nervous to listen to this one, I have been holding off from clicking play, Remembrance day having just passed.  I get kinda choked up during all the remembering and ceremony.  Well, I am here now, beautiful song Donna, what can I say, your lyrics are so moving.  You have me crying here from this, and I have to go out and get groceries in a moment.  What a song, that Billy is incredible.  So moving.  Thank you for sharing.  Oh man, that David Gilmour style solo is really doing it for me...what a song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand