6 Strings - a new False Prophet song

Started by chapperz66, November 07, 2010, 09:28:51 AM

pjd1

Love it C66 Very impressive playing and recording fine coolab magic from me !!!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

chapperz66

Quote from: Ferryman on November 11, 2010, 09:01:49 AMI love that run at 5:05 - is that keys and guitar?

Nigel

Yes and no.  It's all played on keyboards (Yamaha Motif XS7) but once I'd got it right (and I confess that there were a few takes and then a bit of midi correcting), I copied the run to another midi track, changed the patch to a guitar sample and then panned the two tracks apart.  I also marginally changed the timing of the "guitar" so that it wasn't in absolutely perfect unison.  Voila - a ridiculously fast guitar and keyboard chromatic line, which I then got Mark to pan from side to side in the final mix.  Took me a while to do.

I should have told you that I played the line on guitar as well - but I'm just too honest!   ;) ;)

Paul

Gnasty

Wow this is amazing..This is the shit!! Did i say it ruled!

That is prog-tastic and inventive stuff. Every instrument is overly impressive and the vocals are too.

Kinda reminds me of Trans- siberian in some areas but those bastards probably copied you.

Excellento!!! ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Black Mary

Paul. This is astounding. It sounds like those 30 years have just come and gone & it hasn't made any difference at all to False Prophet.!!!!!!!!!!! This is Prog metal, in all it's Pomposity, that us lesser mortals can only dream of playing & composing like. Truly another realm of songwriting & skill. I think it's great that technology has finally caught up with you, because you were way ahead of it 30 years ago & trying to record this stuff. Unless Eddie Offord was available & you had hundreds of thousands to spend, it wouldn't have done it justice. You are doin' it justice now my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kingliggermusic

Pipes

...Once again, really pleased with the positive feedback:)) always a joy to work with the other guys on the False Prophet project:))
Thank you all Once again>>>>>
Cheers
Nick

Kenneth

Thought I already commented, but see I didn't....

Listened 4 or 5 times now, always amazed at the amount of skill in the songs you put out.

Pretty amazing work on all counts guys.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Pipes

Happy new year all and new songcrafters:))
Nick

chapperz66

Just listening to Farrell's "Six Strings" brought this to mind - A Falsies song ostensibly called "6 Strings" although I can't help thinking that Nick was actually singing "Sex Dreams."  This probably says something very Freudian about me.

It is probably my favourite song that I have ever co-wrote and played on, although I haven't listened to it much since Mark died.

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: chapperz66 on December 20, 2014, 07:10:03 AMJust listening to Farrell's "Six Strings" brought this to mind - A Falsies song ostensibly called "6 Strings" although I can't help thinking that Nick was actually singing "Sex Dreams."  This probably says something very Freudian about me.

It is probably my favourite song that I have ever co-wrote and played on, although I haven't listened to it much since Mark died.

Paul, our songs may have the same title but they are way different (BTW thanks for the comments!). I love prog rock and this is one of the finest examples that of it that I've heard here. All involved are very skilled and talented individuals. I'm gonna have to listen to this again to take it all in....once listen isn't appropriate for this excellent progger.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?