6 Strings - a new False Prophet song

Started by chapperz66, November 07, 2010, 09:28:51 AM

chapperz66

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Nick (Nightcaller), Mark and I have finally got round to completing a song together which is not 30 years old.  Nick sings and plays bass, Mark plays all guitars and I play keyboards.  The female backing vocals on this song are by a lady called Marcella.  The song is called "6 Strings" and it's a love song about a guitar - apparently.  It's a bit over the top - but we wouldn't have it any other way....

As always, feel free to criticise.

Paul

[soundclick]9848666[/soundclick]

6 Strings

In perfect time
so sleek and fine
so pure and free
6 strings for me....

To have to hold
so hot you scold
re- lent-lessly
6 strings for me...

Chorus

Here you are
give in to my control
near or far
you must obey!

Coda

Gotta hold you close
Gotta be as one (you must obey)
Gotta get inside
of your song

A note in time
often saves nine
no mystery
6 strings for me

Chorus

Here you are
give in to my control (straight form the heart)
near or far
you must obey....

End coda over chorus

Gotta play you now
Gotta make you sing
Gotta make you cry

It's the art...straight from the heart

Music..Drozdz/Chapman/Coward

lyrics.. Drozdz/Coward

mr2kewl

SWEET EFF'ing KICK BUTT AND TAKE NAMES TUNE!!!!

my only critical comment is that it simply eneded. like someone trip over the power plug.

other then that...

SWEET EFF'ing KICK BUTT AND TAKE NAMES TUNE!!!!

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Redler

As good as I expected or even better... no need to criticise. Fantastic False Prophets music. Very professional job on each way.

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

This is too good, just too good.  We are not worthy.  Seriously, I love this.  Utterly fantastic.  This is what good prog-rock is all about.  There is too much here to comment on properly.  I love it all.  How do you do the drums, they sound very good.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

chapperz66

Thanks chaps for the kind words.  I must say that we are all very pleased with the way this song has turned out. 

The drums are programmed by Mark Drozdz (in addition to all his stunning guitar work).  He mixes all of our Prophet stuff on his Roland VS2400 but he keeps his old Zoom digital 8 track recorder just to use its built-in drum machine.  He knows how to use it intimately and the sound quality of the samples are so good that he won't even consider getting anything more modern.  Mark never ceases to amaze me with the quality of his drum programming.

All the best

Paul

Donna D

What a great little - or big - prog-rocker! ;D 
Any chance of the lyrics being posted? :)

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Geir

OOoooooohhhh YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This pushes all the right buttons !!!!!!!!

FANBLOODYTASTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

work has been keeping me away from here, glad to have caught this one, powerful and well performed, the intro reminded me of one of my fave scottish bands biffy clyro if my memory serves right its not unlike their song "the captain" in style but just the intro.

magic.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

I will have to come back to this when i can get to Soundclick;  i bet it's a monster-progger!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)