Guitar/Percussion Jam

Started by Blooby, October 29, 2010, 11:17:44 AM

Blooby

Had a health scare this week and have been relegated to shuffling around the house for a spell. Started digging through a stack of unlabeled CD's and came upon five jams I did with a friend of a friend named Ted. This must have been about six years ago.  He had one of those Roland Octapad(?) percussion modules. We jammed for a few hours, and I guess I overdubbed some other percussion (the odd industrial sounds) and bass.  This struck me as the most interesting of the five jams.

Peace.

Blooby

It's hosted on a Google site, so if the player doesn't work, the download button should.
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Tony W

Sweet Jam Blooby. I could listen to this for days.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jim1970

Sorry About the Health Scare!!
Glad you dug this one up!!
Very very COOL!
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

hardlock

Now that's a trippy piece!  Very nice!  For some reason however the player didn't work for me so DLed it to hear.  Hope you're better now.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

SE

This is a great piece of work especially enjoying the guitar and drums, top quality recording too, magic, get well soon.

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Farmjazz

Cool vibe, Blooby.

Reminds me of a surf movie soundtrack, or good music for a road trip. I know, how about music for a surf movie icon's road trip?

Gidget Goes to Gainesville - a washed-up actress is forced to hitch hike back to a town where she left behind a valuable bikini in a hotel room 30 years ago. She's picked up by a truck driver in Phoenix and makes a bizarre cross-country trip where no one recognizes her, or believes that she is really who she is.

Just a little levity to hopefully cheer you up, Bruce. Like everyone else, I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Blooby

Thanks for the comments and the good vibes.

A nice tale, FJ. I believe I know this Gidget.

It was nice to stumble upon these jams a it was one of my first collaborations. Has the ring of nostalgia to my ears. I always thought it would be cool to do an acoustic gig with a bassist and this guy on percussion, but I quickly fell out of touch with him.

As for my health, I missed this week of work because I felt so lousy. Turns out my diastolic blood pressure was over 110. No wonder I felt so floaty. Although still not great, it has slowly come down. I was apparently reacting violently to some medicine I was taking.

Feeling almost back to normal (relatively speaking, of course).

Blooby

Geir

Good to hear you're felling better Bruce !!

As always I looked forward to listening to this. and thus making sure I could sit down and really enjoy it when I did.

And as alway it paid off. This was a great listen, I really love our guitarwork !!

piPod bound !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

corryhully

great stuff bruce ! i enjoyed this. sounds like you did too.

Ferryman

Very cool Blooby. More great trippy jamming and great soloing at the end. Hope you are feeling better, although if you were "floaty" that might have been a good time to record more stuff like this....... Feeling floaty after listening to it!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR