Under The Tide (Lobster Man's End)

Started by Bluesberry, October 24, 2010, 09:58:40 AM

Gu Djin

Choice fun.  With this song the legend is gaining mythical status.  If a remnant survives in a thousand years it will spawn stories, the likes of Homer would sold his blind eyes for.

Brillig.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Jim1970

This really Cool Dave!!!
The end of Lobster man, OH NO!!

I really love the Groove you got going on.
Well done with the Drum Arrangement as well.
I am at the Slow part, right now, Just Fantastic!
I have to go to Red Lobster for some food now. LOL!!
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Kudos to the man that dethroned me...  ;D

Holy sh*t, bro! Quite a fun number, but I definitely think one of your best. Five minutes of pure awesomeness!! The singing is killer, the playing superb - I loved every minute of it.

You are a music machine - Something like this would have taken me an unbelievably long time to do. Beautiful production.

When it rains it pours, and you have been a frickin' thunderstorm lately, Dave!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gritter

Excellent Dave! Great playing, great singing and great production! One of your best for sure.

Wonderful storytelling...but poor Lobster Boy...sounds like his parents went off for a little somethin' somethin' and left their son all alone crying on the shore! I assume that was his mother...or did Lobster Man adopt him? ...or was he more of a Robin to LM's Batman?

Ferryman_1957

Goodness, those words are pretty heavy! Cool storytelling, and great rhyme, "the sayer of sooth" - are you sure you aren't Pete Sinfield?

Love what you did with the drums, great idea.

Cheers,

Nigel

hardlock

This ROCKS!  Love the instrumentation and tones you're getting!  I'll have to try some of those drum tricks, cool!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

This shouldn't work, stories about Lobster Man & Lobster Boy really shouldn't work. BUT IT DOES and wonderfully. Like all good stories it drew me in and even left me feeling a bit sad at the end.............Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tangled Wires

The whole groove of the song is melodic as hell...this is songwriting of the highest quality.

As for that breakdown section..boy is that good, what a mood and atmosphere to it, and it just seems to be the perfect break before it picks up again from where it left off.

Brilliant playing throughout and a very strong vocal...this could well be one of my favourite BB tunes.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Thanks all, for a song that started out as a lark and an attempt to finally get the whole Lobster guy thing behind me, I must say, I really like how this turned out.  I wanted it to groove along...I guess it does.

A little more about the drums: Drums are from the BR-1200 built in drum machine.  Once the song pattern is set up, to give the drums some depth I record them out to my microBR and then re-recorded them played through my Boss "Space echo" guitar pedal, back into a stereo pair.  Then I blended the "space echo" drums with the original drums during a bouncedown, using different kits.  The Space echo drums were Hard kit, the original drums were std1 and I even bounced a copy of the drums with Jazz kit to another stereo pair, and added a bit of reverb.  Then I bounced the three drum tracks down into the final drum track.  A bit time consuming but it seems to really add another dimension to the drums.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Kevin Mammoth

Congrats BB, I feel privileged to have heard the final chapter of the Lobster Man song cycle.  When Lobster Man first appeared (courtesy of the opera thread) he kept cracking me up for about a week - I'm glad he endured and became such a source of inspiration!
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....