Easy Come And Go (Piano Ballad)

Started by stoman, October 23, 2010, 01:48:16 PM

stoman

Another old piano composition from the scrap book. This is a rough recording and a quick mix - but I tried to apply some mixing tricks to make my awkward piano playing seem a little less obvious. ;)

Easy Come And Go

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Regards,
  Steffen

Groundy

Could'nt get it to play Steffen, probably my computer, will try later....Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

stoman

Thanks for telling me, Alex. I don't know what's wrong - the file is available, and it should play. I'm uploading it to my server again now. Please tell me, if you still have troubles with it.

Regards,
  Steffen

OsCKilO

Stunning Steffen...

Really enjoyed this!

Great Great Skill you have there!

Nice peaceful end to my evening.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

T.C. Elliott

I didn't hear any awkward piano in there... either your playing is much better than you let on or your mixing skills are beyond me. Either way, this sounded good.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

stoman

Thanks, folks, I'm pleased to read that you don't think my piano playing is that terrible - although it is. :)

I'm a really, really, really bad piano player as I have never taken any piano lessons at all, only two years of "home organ" lesson in a group of three pupils when I was a child. I did not learn very much then ...

My main problem is that I hate practicing (in every respect). I just play what I can play without practice instead of trying to get better - although it bugs me when I hear real pianists play and know that I'll never get there.

When I compose my songs I always play just a couple of bars and then fix the errors on the midi track. I'd really love to hear my piano compositions being played by someone who can play.

But I think what I can do is compose and arrange a nice tune every now and then. And I also believe my mixing skills are a lot better now than when I started composing (about 6 years ago). Mixing songs has recently become my favorite occupation.

BTW - I'd be glad if anybody here would let me have a shot at mixing their songs. Just for the fun of it (and for practice), i.e. I'd not be upset if my mix did not make it to the public. ;)

Regards,
  Steffen

Ferryman

We are mostly "home musicians" here Steffen, so you're not going to get any detailed technique analysis here I'm afraid. Most of us are self taught, so we are pretty similar to you in terms of how you approach piano playing. This sounded pretty good to me as well, a nicely put together ballad with no obvious timing or playing issues that I could hear. Some nice little overdubs as well. I liked the voicey sounds in the RH channel. Very niice job, I enjoyed it a lot.

Cheers,

Nigel 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

Thanks, Nigel.

I recently remembered an old song from the early 80s that I loved when I was at school. I found it in my song archive and played it - and thought what a terrible mix that was. But I loved that mix back in the 80s, so I wondered what was different now. However, after listening a couple times more I got used to that old sound again.

I think that's the reason - we simply like the sounds we are used to and familiar with.

Regards,
  Steffen