BR-800 driver problems--anyone help

Started by Facemask93, October 22, 2010, 04:34:07 PM

pjd1

Try downloading the drivers from the roland website !! This may work for you and they will be updated ..

Dunny

http://www.roland.co.uk/products/productdetails.aspx?p=1068&tab=Downloads
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Daviram

Thanks. But I've tested with these drivers and the problem persists. I'm using a card reader to convert the files to wave format.

Quote from: PJD1 on December 01, 2010, 10:56:52 AMTry downloading the drivers from the roland website !! This may work for you and they will be updated ..

Dunny

http://www.roland.co.uk/products/productdetails.aspx?p=1068&tab=Downloads

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Zoom R24

64Guitars

Quote from: Daviram on November 30, 2010, 01:58:15 PMI have the Boss BR-800 and am having problems with drivers for Windows 7.
As an audio interface operates normally. However, the wave converter functions and the backup does not respond.

My guess is that the drivers are only needed for the audio interface and control surface features. So, try uninstalling the drivers. If you still have trouble connecting, then the problem is most likely with Windows 7 rather than the Roland drivers. In that case, search the Windows forums for USB info and/or contact Microsoft tech support.

On the other hand, if the problem goes away when the Roland drivers are uninstalled, that would suggest that the drivers are interfering with Windows 7's USB connectivity. If that's the case, contact Roland tech support and tell them that you have trouble connecting when the drivers are installed but no trouble when they're uninstalled.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Daviram

Thanks, 64.

I will follow your tips.

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 04, 2010, 02:11:10 PM
Quote from: Daviram on November 30, 2010, 01:58:15 PMI have the Boss BR-800 and am having problems with drivers for Windows 7.
As an audio interface operates normally. However, the wave converter functions and the backup does not respond.

My guess is that the drivers are only needed for the audio interface and control surface features. So, try uninstalling the drivers. If you still have trouble connecting, then the problem is most likely with Windows 7 rather than the Roland drivers. In that case, search the Windows forums for USB info and/or contact Microsoft tech support.

On the other hand, if the problem goes away when the Roland drivers are uninstalled, that would suggest that the drivers are interfering with Windows 7's USB connectivity. If that's the case, contact Roland tech support and tell them that you have trouble connecting when the drivers are installed but no trouble when they're uninstalled.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Zoom R24

Daviram

Quote from: Daviram on November 30, 2010, 01:58:15 PMHello. I'm new here.
I have the Boss BR-800 and am having problems with drivers for Windows 7.
Sometimes it connects and shows the corresponding unit, but generally gives error.
In addition, sometimes the windows says the file structure of the card is incorrect and asks if I want to correct.
I swapped the cards and the problem persists.
I tested a computer with Windows XP and Linux (Ubuntu), and there usually works.
I've tested procedures that have been posted here for Windows Vista, but to no avail.
The problem seems to be the driver of Windows 7.
Anyone know any tips or solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Hello everybody. I solved the problem with the firmware update to version 1.06.

This link: http://www.bossus.com/support/downloads_updates/eula.php?FileName=BR800_sys_v106.zip

Thank you all.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Zoom R24

64Guitars

Thanks for the tip, Daviram. I didn't know that an update was available for the BR-800.

More info here:

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_support/dld.cfm?PRODUCT=BR-800&iRcId=53143175&dsp=1

According to that page, the problem it fixes is "BR-800 might not work correctly when connecting to a personal computer on the USB storage mode."

Sounds like an important update for all BR-800 users to avoid problems with USB.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig