Sony ECM-DS70P Electret Stereo Microphone

Started by Scorpios, December 19, 2007, 05:59:27 AM

Scorpios

Thanks for the advice, the mic does have a cable or can plug in direct...  here is a photo:

I have tried trouble shooting where the problem is and cant figure it out, I just recorded a quick take with it and didn't get the problem but it's one of those things that will just come from no where without even touching it, it works great when I fuck up, I know it will happen when I play/record the perfect take which I really would like to avoid.

but yeah, if I understand correctly you are suggesting I try replacing the male 1/8" connector on the mic itself?

Anyway, looking at this ebay store out of Japan's feedback, some people I noticed accused them of selling fake name brand stuff, and this might be the case. which is maybe why the mic came without original packaging though it is "new" and costed me a fraction of the price they normally run for. - Guess that saying "you get what you pay for" got me.

I guess I will try to trouble shoot the problem further, and in the meantime save up for a Sony stereo mic that isn't out of Hong Kong for dirt cheap on ebay.

Anyway, I will post what I quickly recorded with it in the "post your work" section in a little bit.

Pedro

Thats too bad, hope you can solve it. Sound just goes off in the right channel? It looks like that maybe you have a bad ground in the cables that connect that capsule.

QuoteI have tried trouble shooting where the problem is and cant figure it out, I just recorded a quick take with it and didn't get the problem but it's one of those things that will just come from no where without even touching it, it works great when I fuck up, I know it will happen when I play/record the perfect take which I really would like to avoid.

Don't worry, that will always happen.  :D

QuoteAnyway, looking at this ebay store out of Japan's feedback, some people I noticed accused them of selling fake name brand stuff, and this might be the case. which is maybe why the mic came without original packaging though it is "new" and costed me a fraction of the price they normally run for. - Guess that saying "you get what you pay for" got me.

I guess I will try to trouble shoot the problem further, and in the meantime save up for a Sony stereo mic that isn't out of Hong Kong for dirt cheap on ebay.

Anyway, I will post what I quickly recorded with it in the "post your work" section in a little bit.

Yeah, and for $20 I wouldn't worry too much. I think that even like that, it is a good deal!

One thing: You can always record the left channel only. Just press the Track 1 or Track 3 when arming to record.

Scorpios

Yeah I will open it up and take a look at least... the sound seems to come from one channel (I think it's left actually now that I am looking at it), but it seems like the noise comes through both channels, so using just one side isnt going to help, I will have to fuck around with it more to see.

If it's something as simple as a loose connection/bad ground that should be easy enough to fix, I will have to pick up a very small phillips screwdriver tomorrow so I can get this thing open.

- Just frustrating knowing the potential is there but ... not.