in the name of fun by honker (an ancient bunkbeds song reworked)

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 16, 2010, 06:07:01 AM

cuthbert

Excellent remake, fellas - it's a new honker classic!

I hadn't heard the original bunkbeds track before...I like the drum machine sound! Cassette multitracker? Those were the days!  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

it was a casiosk5 drums and was recorded to a doubledecker ghetto blaster. basically you would record to one tape then put that tape in the 2nd cassette holder play it and record to a fresh cassette in 1st holder.lol
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

cuthbert

Quote from: oldrottenhead on October 16, 2010, 10:10:51 AMit was a casiosk5 drums and was recorded to a doubledecker ghetto blaster. basically you would record to one tape then put that tape in the 2nd cassette holder play it and record to a fresh cassette in 1st holder.

That's really old-school!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

i used to have a sony walkman with built in stereo mics, i would tape down the record button with gaffer tape and toss it in my mums tumble drier for a few minutes, walkman was a sturdy bugger but after 3 minutes or so i would have a wacky drum track, sadly all those tapes are lost , they might be in my attic but i cant find em
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Kenneth

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 16, 2010, 09:36:42 AMYeah, I'm with you on that, we are just kids in grown men's bodies.  In fact I feel like I am getting younger with each year, I am going backwards.
How true. I would never have done some of the stuff i've been doing lately!!!

too funny Jim, would love to hear that older music!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

64Guitars

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 16, 2010, 09:36:42 AMYeah, I'm with you on that, we are just kids in grown men's bodies.  In fact I feel like I am getting younger with each year, I am going backwards.

Each year, my mind gets 2 or 3 years younger but my body gets 5 years older. By the time I'm 90, my body will be a shrivelled up wreck and I'll have the mind of a two-year-old.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

Its not too early to bump is it.  Listen to this, fantastic song, its making me feel younger listening to this song tonight.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SwanSong

HI Old rotten head. really great team work . very refreshing song. love the
beat vox the wholenine yards..this is defiantely a thumbsup . super song