Strangers (Fun/Alternative Pop)

Started by stoman, October 15, 2010, 12:22:21 AM

stoman

ComedyFest (banner image missing)

Time:
0:00
Volume:

This started as an instrumental song, but I thought it needed vocals. Paul had an old lyric submission that had not been used for the music he originally wrote it for, and it seemed a perfect fit for this one.

There are some issues with Steve's drum recording. I did the best I could do to fix that, but I'll probably have to re-sample the snare (some day ...).

Lyrics & Vocals: Paul T. Bathen
Drums: Stephen Smith
Bass: Jonathan Moody
Composed, arranged & mixed by Steffen Offermann

I'll add the lyric when I've found it.

Regards,
  Steffen

dasilvasings

Steffen,

Even when you make a fun song, it is always so sophisticated! Love the production, and need to hear it again to pay attention to the lyrics. download!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

Thanks for your nice comment! Probably not everybody's cup of tea, but I'm digging Paul's performance. This is definitely not what I had in mind when I composed the instrumental, but IMO it is a perfect fit.

I usually write music for existing lyrics, not vice versa. But this song wasn't originally meant to be equipped with vocals.

Regards,
  Steffen

Gritter

quite different but really well executed. The "accordion" sounds great and really gives the song character. The vocals are good...reminds me of something Tim Curry would sing.

lectric

I've had this song in my head for years. I like your version much better though. I cant wait to tell my analyst. great stuff.....Fydor
Dance as if no one were watching.
Sing as if no one were listening.
And live every day as if it were your last.
- Irish proverb

Tony W

Wow, this is a really interesting listen. I love the vocal delivery, and the music is brilliant.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

I just realized there is a new song category. I think this one would belong there. Sorry for bumping my own song. :D

Regards,
  Steffen

musicsongwriter

Your song made me smile :) It's such a fun listening to. Great vocal and instrumental delivery, brilliant collaboration :)
Nadia

SE

Terrific production and a great tune enjoyed it very much.
recorder
Boss BR-80

stoman

Thanks for the nice comments! :)

Regards,
  Steffen