Why does the volume go up when bouncing tracks?

Started by Strider44, October 19, 2008, 09:06:14 AM

hardlock

Don't know why no one has responded to your question yet but I had similar problems when first starting out with the MBR.

Note that when bouncing (or mastering), everything that's playing gets recorded.  Let's say you're playing all 4 V1 tracks & drums and record bounce all to a pair of free V tracks like 3=4 V8 for a stereo mixdown.

When playing back the mix to get the exact levels and sound you heard when recording, you'll have to turn off the rhythm so the drums aren't doubled up as well as turning off any reverb or effects you had on in the original track 3 & 4. 

Check these track levels and pan settings as well as you may have had them set for the original instruments but now want them equal for the mix output.

That should do it for you.  Once however I was getting lots of distortion from the mix that I finally figured out was an effect I left on that I used for a single lead track playback.  After the bounce it was now double effecting half the master output.  ::)

Hope this helps!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure