The Keeper of Hearts (fantasy/sci-fi/theatrical)

Started by Donna D, October 13, 2010, 02:54:20 PM

guitarron

absolutely top shelf-your vox are stellar-
what did you use for the orchestration?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Donna D

Bluesberry, ORH, Willie, and guitarron, thank you for the listen and for your kind comments. :)

GR, for the orchestration, Billy used EastWest Quantum Leap samples (actual real samples of the London Symphony Orchestra). http://www.eastwestsamples.com
The effects at the beginning were a sample of Tibetan monks chanting and then a sample of Gregorian chants.

I wish I could claim the voice as mine.  ;) However, it's the wonderfully gifted Bree Noble who's singing.

Donna

Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

Tangled Wires

This is wonderful, brillantly written and constructed, and there is some seriously good playing in there to.

Bree's vocal is equally as stunning, and the lyrics you have written here Donna are amazing.

It never ceases to amaze me of the quality of the music that continues to surface on this site.

Pretty damn flawless I have to say!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Great lyrics and songwriting D ~ a very magical performance!!   Luv the instrumentation, and the singer's voice really melts your heart!   Reminds me of Candice Night from Blackmore's Night.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

I just ran out of by favourite beverage, so I'll have to settle for a cup of coffe ;)

but WOW indeed !!!

This is just fantastic !!! Great lyrics and a breathtaking performance. That Bree Noble should be a star !!

The song has a lovely keltic vibe to it, and like Tommy it kinda reminds me of Blackmore's Night and also of "Secret garden"
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Donna D

Andrew, Tommy, and Geir, thank you for your gracious comments.  :)

Donna

chapperz66

Quite staggeringly good stuff, Donna.  Absolutely love it and it's just the sort of music that I like to listen to.  Beautiful lyrics, beautifully sung and and your friend Billy is clearly an awesome talent.

Paul

Gu Djin

This must have been posted and disappeared from view while I was away, so I'm relying on the good folk here to bump the unmissable back for me to hear.  So little time, so little time.

Intriguing start that made me think of Nth American Indian, moving to  a Nordic epic, making wonder what was to come,  The stunning voice and arrangement became familiarly celtic, or maybe gaelic.  And too long - no I wanted more.

Splendid writing, arranged and performed to such a high standard and full of emotion.

Did I say I like it?

Er! yes.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

mr2kewl

absolutely mesmerizing from the first note.

vocals and lyrics... goosebumps

top shelf music.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Donna D

Paul, Leigh, and mr2kewl, thank you.  :) I love listening to this one as well. It's comforting somehow.  ;)
Leigh, yes, Billy and I wanted to get in some "world" influences (i.e. the chants), and also to incorporate a big "outer space" sound. Then, yes, melody slid naturally into a Celtic or Gaelic vibe.

Donna