Aliens - Original

Started by ODH, October 08, 2010, 02:39:28 AM

Bluesberry

Great, great song.  I had to go to your soundclick page and turn the volume up to get to to play for some reason.  Its like Neil Young did a prog-rock song about the space men, I can dig this.  Its like Neil Young and The Flaming Lips got together and this was the result.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Cool alien rock tune!!   The intro def got a Blue Oyster Cult vibe;  that is a cool guitar lick, and great vocals as well!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Kenneth

nice playing!
Great vocals! Cool song!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Ferryman_1957

Very proggy vibe here, especially around 3:30. nice guitar works and great vox. I like all the parts, it's well put together and very well played. Got that kind of Rush feel to it, and I love the Space Invaders at the end, nice touch.

The drums do get a bit lost in the mix for me, I'm only really picking up the cymbals. I was wanting the drums to cut through a bit more to help drive it.

Cheers,

Nigel

Gu Djin

Nice work Nick.  I thought I was going to hear something I'd heard before.  But this is new to me.  Great comp.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Geir

Cool proggy tune, love the guitarwork here, a bit of Rush and a dash of Yes in there. A good thing in my book !

Love it
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

guitarron

i like the bass and guitar interplay here- nice work-good song

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

ODH

Quote from: Ferryman on October 13, 2010, 03:26:56 AMThe drums do get a bit lost in the mix for me, I'm only really picking up the cymbals. I was wanting the drums to cut through a bit more to help drive it.

You were spot on. I went back and did another take with the drums up higher, and using the 'live' mastering algorithm on the R16.  I think it's a lot better.  Thanks for the feedback.
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9407266
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter