Barcelona Beach (Picasso Songbook)

Started by Bluesberry, October 03, 2010, 05:35:45 PM

FuzzFace

Bluesberry, your song is so freaking epic.
It's a sonic adventure of grandiose proportions.

It's a modern legend, a trip and a half, and the outro has moved me to tears on more than one occasion.

Back when you first posted this, I realized this collaborative opera will be a life-changing experience.

cuthbert

Excellent bump among all the Picasso bumpings...

Can't believe I hadn't commented on this! Prog to the max and amazingly well done, BB - loved all the different bits and how you were able to chain them together so seamlessly. That true talent.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

thetworegs

Excellent music Dave and like you say a terrific poem it's great you got all that sound from the reading of it .....a rocker

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Gritter

Love your acoustic work in the opening section. Has a really sunny feel...then the heavyness kicks in with that BB riffage and tasty synth, and we're off on an unpredictable prog journey...then you bring us back with an intimate final verse...exausting but so effective.

Bluesberry

OTD self-bump......has it really been a year........start with Fuzz's incredible lyrics, throw everything I had at it until some of it stuck.........One of the most fun collab experiences I have had.  Thanks Trevor-Fuzz-face.  Great memories from this song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Having been to the beach at Barcelona a few times, I have to say it's not really the best feature of that beautiful city, lol. But this... this is EPIC. I must have missed it during an absence, so I'm glad it got bumped. I can't even imagine how you conceptualize something so ornate, Dave - let alone actually execute it. So many tasty interludes and flights of musical mastery. Outstanding lyrics from FF - I can see how they would have inspired you. But even taking that into account, you pulled of something very special here. Flipping huge!

FuzzFace

Wow I can't believe it's been a year!  What an inspiring project that turned out to be.  Inspiration like that doesn't happen every day, that's for sure.

What a great song.

No holds barred precision madness.

Stunning and beautiful.

FuzzFace

As many times as I have listened to this (countless), there is so much going on that I never fully paid attention to the drums.

Are these programmed in the BR or did you play them?

So many little touches... the definition of "masterpiece".

SwanSong

Not sure if i caught this first time around. but great song
a super listen a super song. Cheers Neil !

Rata-tat-tat

Glad this got bump'd... Damn Dave this is Epic. Too much to digest for this posting... will have to come back after a lifetime of listens to properly comment. In short... AMAZING!!!!
recorder
Tascam DP-02