Vote for the next festival (October/November 2010)

Started by 64Guitars, October 02, 2010, 11:27:38 PM

Oldrottenhead

is also an anagram for bland boy didnt ban dolby have an album called bland boy grunts
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

ODH

Quote from: henwrench on October 08, 2010, 03:14:33 AMI can't believe so many people voted for U2
Must admit I voted for U2 only to try and slow the Dylan juggernaut.  Don't know what songs I would have done though of theirs.

Anyone know any Dylan songs?
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Gu Djin

I changed my vote at the last minute too, when I realized that parody etc.  wasn't in the running.  And now I've found my vynyl "John Wesly Harding" is unplayable :'( so I maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all as that's the only BD tracks I have had!

Still there's always UTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqGHE5GqZ44

This has to be my favourite Bob Dylan cover of all time.

Leigh

Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Gnasty

Looks like i'm luring people over to funniness. Is that a word?

3rd place ain't bad for parody. We beat out Bowie.

I should be a politician or maybe a cult leader. What you think Tony?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Bluesberry

Mr. Dylan has such a unique style, especially his singing.  And his body of work is so vast, but strangely unappreciated in todays world. I think the thing with this fest is go go back over his songs, U-tube is a good resource, the internet in general, find one that really strikes you and do it in your own style. re-imagine Bob in your own voice.  Really get inside the song, figure out what the hell we was talking about (not so easy in a lot of his songs) and make it shine.  Thats what I am planning to do.  If he did it acoustic, go electric, or keyboards, if he was folky, blues it up or punk it up.  Because thats the way Bob would want us to do it.  He wouldn't want us to copy exactly his song, Bob Dylan is all about pure creativity and expression.  Lets see what incredible covers we can come up with.  

I also like Neil Young's very grungy version of "All along the Watchtower"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVAS8mYDB_E

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

dasilvasings

And there is always space for Dylan related songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkTF8aaLk-E

This is going to be a hell of a festival!!!!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

danieldesete

hou hou ha ha

dasilvasings

Quote from: danieldesete on October 08, 2010, 10:21:56 AMFirst time I ever won in an election

Sorry Daniel, you won because you voted 3 times! It happened the same to me, I was puzzled!

"Ban Dolby"  lol - I though Bob was Cate Blanchett.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)