Ballad: My Eyes Are The Only Ones You See

Started by stoman, September 29, 2010, 02:21:13 PM

stoman

Thank you, John & Mark! The singer is a great talent, no doubt. I'd love to work with him some more, but he seems to be too busy.

I'd also be happy to hear a guitar version of some of my piano ballads. I hope some day somebody feels like doing one. :)

Regards,
 Steffen

Facemask93

This is a wonderfull song , a brilliant arrangement and sung so well , reminds me a little of barry manilow , produced to perfection , very well done

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

T.C. Elliott

This is pretty good. It kind of has a majesty to it which I'd think would be hard to get through piano/vox alone. The singer did a very good job with it. Good writing.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

stoman

Thanks for the kudos! :)

On thing: Do you think the cello is a little loud when it first comes in? Somebody told me that, but I'm not really sure myself ...

Regards,
  Steffen

Gu Djin

I never heard the cello as an individual instrument - it just eased into the mix.  Excellent vocals.  And kudos to the writer and others concerned.  Very listenable.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

stoman

Thanks, Leigh.

I think this is one of the few songs that I'm actually quite satisfied with.

Regards,
  Steffen