PirateFest: "Take The Hint"

Started by Donna D, September 26, 2010, 10:44:10 AM

dasilvasings

Hey! top work! Thanks for posting this! According to international law, stolen hearts can be considered an act of Piracy.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Great sound, the recording is perfect and the song is cool too, love the folk sound,well played.
recorder
Boss BR-80

henwrench

Dear lord, this is rather good!! Fantastic contribution, has a touch of the Nic Jones about it. Brilliant...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Classy bit of folk, Donna and Billy.  I love it - although not quite as much as lobster... ;)

Paul

T.C. Elliott

What a great addition to the pirate fest, Donna. You done good, girl. I like the vocals as well.. and is that a penny whistle?
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Donna D

Thank you so much again, everyone, for your kind comments. I'm really pleased you got such a kick out of the song.  :)

As regards the background vocals, here's what Billy has just told me in an email:
"No, it's just me doing multiple vocal tracks and changing my voice each time so as to make it sound like a group of people singing (what a fraud!)."

So there you have it. It's all Billy.  ;)

Donna
Honour the earth. Without it, we'd be nowhere.

Life is too important to take seriously.

cuthbert

Quote from: Donna D on September 27, 2010, 03:52:19 PMAs regards the background vocals, here's what Billy has just told me in an email:
"No, it's just me doing multiple vocal tracks and changing my voice each time so as to make it sound like a group of people singing (what a fraud!)."

That is quite amazing...I tip my hat to Billy.

Great Piratefest song, Donna!  :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman

Very nice indeed. I like the lyrical concept a lot, and the execution of the music, arrangement and vocals works very well. Very enjoyable amd memorable song, well done!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gu Djin

As shanty as they come, they won't get more enjoyable than that.  Nice one.

As an  addendum, for some reason, or other listening it brought to mind a band I hadn't thought of for ages, and after a good youtubing found Maddy and Steeleye Span.  So I thought I'd share as it's nothing to do with Pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zzwbYyvWiU

What would the Pirating fraternity made of those outfits?

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X