Celtic Folk: By Lake And By Lee (lyrics by Donna D.)

Started by stoman, September 26, 2010, 05:38:04 AM

OsCKilO

Quote from: Willie Wendon on September 27, 2010, 06:06:19 AMThis one of the lovliest songs I've heard in quite a while, songcrafting at its best........Willie

Totally Sublime!!!!

Utterly outstanding!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gu Djin

Very soothing sounds - nice as could be.  I have a soft spot for this style of folk songs.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

stoman

Thanks again for listening! Nice to know that some people actually listen to my compositions. :)

There are so many talented musicians here. I'd love to collaborate with all of you one day.

Regards,
  Steffen

Tangled Wires

This is a top song, not the type of music I am usually listen to, but have to say that there is so much to admire about this, it has such a wonderful quality to it.

Great performance from all and a really excellent production.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Fantastic song and stellar performance from all involved !!!

LOVE IT!!!

btw. How do you "hand over" the song, do you write scores for the involved musicians  or make some rough demo?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Great work. Not the type of thing I would normally listen to, but this is a lovely example of the genre and very well put together. Top notch musicians, nothing jumps out at me as being poor quality, so you did a good job with what you had. Very polished and really quite beautiful.

Like Geir, I'd be interested to know how you work. Do you start with Donna's lryics and put some keys to them to guide the other musician, or do you write out a score?

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

fenderbender

this is beautiful -in every respect -
vocals -lyrics and backing
10 out of 10
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

corryhully

stoman

Thanks for the kudos - much appreciated!

I added the lyrics to the first post.

Regards,
  Steffen

stoman

I forgot to answer your question:

I usually compose and arrange the whole song with synthetic instruments. I don't write down any notes unless somebody needs them (some singers do).

When an instrumentalist is interested in, say, adding a bass, I'll create a sans-bass mix of the demo song for him to play on, and he'll send me back the dry bass sep.

It is crucial for a good mix to have completely unprocessed seps (i.e. no compression, no EQ, no delay or reverb, ...) of all parts including individual seps for kick, snare, overheads, each tom and - if possible - the hi-hat.

Regards,
  Steffen