Rock Opera / Concept Album: The Picasso Album (working title)

Started by FuzzFace, September 10, 2010, 12:10:56 PM

Bluesberry

Trevor, I just sat here and read these new lyrics, really read them finally after all the rushing around.  I am having a coffee and reading...h&ly sh&t buddy, this is superior poetery/lyrics in every way.  This one really grabs me.  I can't say enough about your lyrical abilities.  Stunning is all I can say.  

Quote from: FuzzFace on October 18, 2010, 01:10:06 PMHarlequin Sitting

If all the world's a stage
then I must turn down the part
smothering under smoky cinders
lives a hopeful spark

I cannot play while a war is waged
On illusions I've relied
While I dazzle and I mystify
my thoughts compound like lies

I will not live to jump through hoops
recite lines and sing refrains
a soft voice speaks within my heart
and echos through my veins

I turn my back on this cabaret
The show must not go on
I'll pay the price that I must pay
The clown you've known is gone.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

FuzzFace

Quote from: Gu Djin on October 20, 2010, 12:59:39 AMAny thoughts on the length?

So far I have given little to no musical direction or input... and the results are better than what I could have imagined... so I'm sticking to a winning formula.

FuzzFace

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 20, 2010, 04:32:00 AMTrevor, I just sat here and read these new lyrics, really read them finally after all the rushing around.  I am having a coffee and reading...h&ly sh&t buddy, this is superior poetery/lyrics in every way.  This one really grabs me.  I can't say enough about your lyrical abilities.  Stunning is all I can say.  

Quote from: FuzzFace on October 18, 2010, 01:10:06 PMHarlequin Sitting

If all the world's a stage
then I must turn down the part
smothering under smoky cinders
lives a hopeful spark

I cannot play while a war is waged
On illusions I've relied
While I dazzle and I mystify
my thoughts compound like lies

I will not live to jump through hoops
recite lines and sing refrains
a soft voice speaks within my heart
and echos through my veins

I turn my back on this cabaret
The show must not go on
I'll pay the price that I must pay
The clown you've known is gone.

Thank-you.  It was your initial comments that encouraged me to build on my first 3 poems/songs, and now we have an opera.

I wasn't sure about this one, whether it should be included, because I don't like to repeat ideas and this one seemed implied already, however I thought we have every other period of Picasso's, can't very well do this without the Harlequin.

I think this is a good way to show that the main character sees his life as a joke or some kind of performance that he no longer believes in.

It shows his motives as to why he would abandon it all, which is otherwise missing from the lyrics.

Satchwood

What a great concept rock opera this is turning out to be Fuzz ~ amazing ~ with a great story line, interwoven with Picassos's paintings, and so very well thought out lyrical content depth ~ fantastic work FF and all the mighty fine musicians & singers that's making this collection a really fine work of art !!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bluesberry

gonna be huge when finished and we can listen in one sitting, in my car, cranked loud, its going to be my drive to work music for quite a while, I can see that.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

Maybe we can ask 64Guitars for a Juke box for Songcrafters 'First' Concept Album / Rock Opera, when we're finished?

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

FuzzFace

Quote from: Satchwood on October 20, 2010, 09:38:15 AMMaybe we can ask 64Guitars for a Juke box for Songcrafters 'First' Concept Album / Rock Opera, when we're finished?

It's in the works!

FuzzFace

How's it going, ladies and gentlemen?

Who is going to usher in the next wave?

Ferryman

Slow, and not quite sure. I'm progressing your mix but Minotaur is at least 4-5 weeks away.

I said I was a slow worker.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Take the time you need Nigel, it will be worth the wait, I am sure.  You can't rush inspiration sometimes.  Inspiration and perspiration in equal measures.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand