Rock Opera / Concept Album: The Picasso Album (working title)

Started by FuzzFace, September 10, 2010, 12:10:56 PM

FuzzFace

Well... we consulted back and forth... and then I stole some of your words!

This song would not have been what it is had I wrote it independently.

Oldrottenhead

you wrote it fuzzface i might have inspired you but they are your words, so credits to you good sir.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

FuzzFace

Ok we'll put you down as "Muse".

Ha ha...

Thank-you and thanks to everyone's input which made all this writing possible.

I can almost safely say the writing is DONE.... however I know I'll wake up in the middle of the night and scratch things out and send revisions just as people are completing their final cuts!

Now I can't wait to hear the rest of these recordings!

This is such a fun project!

Oldrottenhead

i see a goats head appeared maybe that could be intro outro or you could write more words
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

FuzzFace

I also thought of extending an invitation but I want to wait to get a feel for what the album may need once we hear more of it.

There is plenty of inspiration left to be tapped, but I don't want to crowd this little collection.

FuzzFace

I want to call this album:

"Suffering Machines" by The Universe Band

The words "suffering machines" were used by Picasso himself when he said "women are suffering machines" in talking about his painting, The Weeping Woman.  I think it's fair to extend that term to all of humanity, when humanity is not in a good state.

This album is about overcoming and transcending the state of being a "Suffering Machine".  To bring it down to Earth, it's about recovering from the 20th century.

"The Universe Band" testifies how unlimited our medium of international artists is.  Had it not been for this group, I would not have had the courage to tackle such grandiose, universal themes.  It was really liberating creatively, and I would be happy do this once again down the road as "The Universe Band", exploring new themes, unrelated to Picasso, but equally inspiring.

How does that sound?

Kenneth

I think you did a great job FF, really, and i'd love to be involved again personally.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Gritter

...but Picasso's name needs to be in the title.

The world according to Pablo.  ;D