'The Incredible Shrinking Man'

Started by Greeny, September 01, 2010, 04:30:07 AM

Tangled Wires

Superb opening riff sets the tone for a cracking song.

Those bright crisp guitar notes combine perfectly with yet more brilliant bass bass lines. Vocals and harmonies are perfect, like they are on all your songs.

Your ability to create a style that is unmistakably you, but with enough variance in each song to make everyone one unique and interesting, is amazing.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Great song, lyrics, & performance Mr Green!!  Very cool wall of guitars & vocals fills my ears quite nicely!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

hardlock

Wow Greeny, what to say that hasn't already been said...  A timeless classic for sure!

Great theme, production, playing, singing, the works.  Dang near perfect song!  The fad-out at the end really gives the sense of shrinking.

BTW, great minds think alike.  I recently sampled a phrase from an old 50s SiFi for a song idea.  You bet me to using it! :D
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

T.C. Elliott

Greeny, you are slowly turning me into a brit-pop fan. I can't think of a single song of yours that I didn't like. And this one doesn't disappoint.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Nelson

Once again Greeny
Your creativity is unmatched and you and Les Paul are kicking a*^.

Your guitar tones are great and I love to sentiment in the lyrics and your vocals are spot on.

You'll have to explain to me how you get such great bass tones out of your Mbr, all I get is mudd.

The bass is just killer, through out.

Great job Greeny...

Nelson

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Greeny

Quote from: Nelson on September 06, 2010, 08:16:02 AMYou'll have to explain to me how you get such great bass tones out of your Mbr, all I get is mudd.

I have a very simple set up when it comes to bass... a cheap Westfield P-bass copy running through the 'Basscrunch' patch on the MBR. It's the only patch I ever use because it always sounds right, and seems to have quite a lot of cut-through. I don't adjust anything on the MBR, and I don't adjust anything on the bass - I just turn everything up to the max and play. I always like to play with a melodic feel (I'm very influenced by Macca in that respect), and it's probably not even 'proper' bass playing compared to bona-fide bass maestros like Flash Harry and Launched, but I do what feels right for the song. I may have got lucky with the bass itself, because I wouldn't swap it for the world now. It handles every style I throw at it.

Kevin Mammoth

another great song Greeny - nice guitar work from a guy who claims to only know "a few open chords"! :)  And great bass tone, I wish I could....
recorder
Boss BR-1600

There are only 12 notes, how hard can it be?....

Gu Djin

lly enjoying my catchup listens today and this a great one to finish with - Now I must get some work done!

Good one - love the guitar sound and playing.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

guitarron

nice-missed thid one-i like the guitar textures-paulie sounds great

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis