HOPE For the BR-800!

Started by vierge99, August 23, 2010, 05:57:35 PM

Krad2004

Hey dudes, has anyone heard any more on this April update? I have check the Roland and Boss site since I saw this topic and that was weeks ago but haven't seen anything :(
BR-800 baby!!!

64Guitars

Nothing yet. But on the first page of this topic, a member said that he was told by customer service in Hungary that "ETA is end of april - middle of may". So maybe Roland Germany was being a bit too optomistic when they said it would be available in April. We'll just have to hang tight for a couple more weeks and hope that it's not any later than that.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

I'm really looking forward to this update !!!

And can't wait to test the new BR80  !!! Me think it's maybe the best of the Micro and the 800 combined into one small shining unit !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

Welcome aboard Krad. I'm itching for this update myself. I've been checking their website daily looking for a new firmware version. I started looking at the end of March, and still have as much anticipation as I did when the rumor began.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chip

Quote from: Geir on April 30, 2011, 04:27:34 PMI'm really looking forward to this update !!!

And can't wait to test the new BR80  !!! Me think it's maybe the best of the Micro and the 800 combined into one small shining unit !!!

Hi Geir. But is it that shiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?.To me, the original gets better with age and never looses it's shine.
We shall see.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Geir

Quote from: chip on May 01, 2011, 12:58:55 PM
Quote from: Geir on April 30, 2011, 04:27:34 PMI'm really looking forward to this update !!!

Hi Geir. But is it that shiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?.To me, the original gets better with age and never looses it's shine.
We shall see.
I know what you mean Chip. I'm a bit worried about that too. The display looks shiny from the pics, but not as big as on the original. Not big enough to act as a mirror for my big head !!! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Krad2004

thanks for the welcome Tony. im just startin out in home recording so i guess im dont really need this update yet. the 800 is my first ever recorder and i feel i havent even started to scratch the surface of it yet (ive only had it for 3 weeks, lol). i guess i just got caught up in all the excitement from readin the posts from you guys!!!  ;D
BR-800 baby!!!

Tony W

Quote from: Krad2004 on May 02, 2011, 07:45:40 AMthanks for the welcome Tony. im just startin out in home recording so i guess im dont really need this update yet. the 800 is my first ever recorder and i feel i havent even started to scratch the surface of it yet (ive only had it for 3 weeks, lol). i guess i just got caught up in all the excitement from readin the posts from you guys!!!  ;D

I downsized from a BR-1600 to the BR-800. I love the 800, and you'll do very well with it. Myself I kinda got into the home recording thing by accident. I started off with a Micro Br, which I intended to use as a guitar trainer. I found this site, and went ballistic. I definitely learned how to play a guitar, and the real challenge is to learn how to produce music. Some of these guys are absolutely amazing, when it comes to production. I'm a bare bones minimalistic type.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to post a piece of music here and there. If you have questions, there's plenty of people who are willing to jump in feet first and give you a hand!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Roland Germany has removed the references to "April 2011" in both the graphic and the description. Now it just says "Coming soon".

http://www.rolandmusik.de/produkte/BR-800/index.php?downloads

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website