HOPE For the BR-800!

Started by vierge99, August 23, 2010, 05:57:35 PM

Tony W

Do you suppose that boss was under the impression that we'd all jump ship on our stand alone functionality, and opt for DAW editing? After a couple months of having an 800, and trying to enjoy it as much as previous models, I can't help but be disappointed with a few things that I expected to come as standard functionality.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

I just stumbled upon this at the Roland Germany website:

Update: demnächst hier!
BOSS JAPAN hat für April 2011 ein Software-Update für den BR-800 angekündigt, mit erweiterten "Track Edit" Funktionen, internen "Drum-Pattern" Edit, verbesserter Anbindung an die SONAR Recording-Software und einem aktualisierten WAVE CONVERTER. Außerdem soll es eine kurze Anleitung zu den Sensor-Tastern geben.

Translated via Google Translate:

Update: coming soon!
BOSS Japan announced in April 2011 a software update for the BR-800, with advanced "Track Edit " functions, internal "drum pattern" Edit, improved access to the SONAR recording software and an updated WAVE CONVERTER. In addition, there should be a brief guide to the sensor probes.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

64Guitars

I'm guessing that they'll announce the BR-800 update at Musikmesse in Frankfurt, April 6th.

They also have this teaser on their Roland CONNECT website about a new instrument to be introduced at Musikmesse.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

64Guitars

Also found this on the German site:

http://www.soundsderhelden.de/soundsderhelden.html#br-800

It's a zip file of a BR-800 backup containing 30 custom effects patches designed to emulate the guitar sounds from popular recordings.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Thanks for keeping us updated 64G !!!

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 22, 2011, 11:23:32 PMI just stumbled upon this at the Roland Germany website:

BOSS Japan announced in April 2011 a software update for the BR-800, with advanced "Track Edit " functions, internal "drum pattern" Edit, improved access to the SONAR recording software and an updated WAVE CONVERTER. In addition, there should be a brief guide to the sensor probes.
even more than I asked for !!!!

Wonder if they have incorporated the feauture from the MBR that your recordings play while editing drum-arrangement ! That's the only thing I'd REALLY be missing (except the size ;) and the shiny color  ) from the mbr

INDEED !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

chip

Quote from: Geir on March 23, 2011, 02:15:41 AMThanks for keeping us updated 64G !!!

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 22, 2011, 11:23:32 PMI just stumbled upon this at the Roland Germany website:

even more than I asked for !!!!

Wonder if they have incorporated the feauture from the MBR that your recordings play while editing drum-arrangement ! That's the only thing I'd REALLY be missing (except the size ;) and the shiny color  ) from the mbr

INDEED !!

Hi Geir. Concerning the above mbr quote. Can you do that? I have bought the dvd to help me along as well as the forum, I am doing ok but when shown I do better. I got my head round the bouncing malarky....just!!! Now to the drums etc.. Cheers
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Geir

Yes Chip. When you edeit the drum-arrangement on the mbr, you can press play, and it will play both the selected drumpattern and you recording from the bar you are currently editing. So what I usually do on the mbr is to select a basic pattern to do my initial recording to. Then I go in and add fills between verses an I don't have to make any notes where to do it as I can just listen to it as I do it.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

chip

Hi Geir. I sent you a pm but don't know whether it worked?..... If not, I have looked at the dvd but the drum section is not bril. Now..... You may have explained how you do the above before, if so, where is it and if not, would you be so kind as to have a go at explaining it to me and others who may be interested. I know it's a big ask, I also know it may be complicated to get down. Pm me if that would be better..... Cheers Cliff.
Sweet young thing aint sweet no more.

Facemask93

Also found this on the German site:

http://www.soundsderhelden.de/soundsderhelden.html#br-800

It's a zip file of a BR-800 backup containing 30 custom effects patches designed to emulate the guitar sounds from popular recordings.

here's the translation for installation on the BR-800

Installation of the "Sounds of Heroes" for the BR-800
Before transferring the SDH BR800 please make sure to backup the data of their own making BR-800!
A. BACKUP
1. BR-800 connected via a USB cable to a computer.
2. [MENU] button on BR-800.
3. "USB" and confirm with [ENTER].
4. "BACKUP" and confirm with [ENTER].
5. [ENTER] key to the USB connection to computer building.
6. Open the removable disk "BOSS_BR-800" work on the computer.
7. ALL the "ROLAND" folder from the removable media "BOSS_BR-800" to copy to the computer.
8. After completion of the copy operation, the removable disk "BOSS_BR-800" log on the computer ("Safely Remove Hardware").
9. If the computer confirms the logout, click on this window click "OK".
10. Press the BR-800 [EXIT].
11. The interruption of the USB connection with [ENTER].
As SD card format
12. [MENU] button on BR-800.
13. "SD Card" and press [ENTER].
14. Select "FORMAT" and press 3 times with [ENTER].
C. "Sounds of the heroes' data transfer
15. [MENU] button on BR-800.
16. "USB" and confirm with [ENTER].
17. "BACKUP" and confirm with [ENTER].
18. [ENTER] key to the USB connection to computer building.
19. Open the removable disk "BOSS_BR-800" work on the computer.
20. The "ROLAND" folder from the folder "SDH-BR800" on the removable disk copy "BOSS_BR-800. "Copy all existing files and replace" In this operation, select the computer on demand.
21. After completion of the copy operation, the removable disk "BOSS_BR-800" log on the computer ("Safely Remove Hardware").
22. If the computer confirms the logout, click on this window click "OK".
23. Press the BR-800 [EXIT].
24. The interruption of the USB connection with [ENTER].
The BR-800 shows the song "BR800SDH" in the display.
The SDH are now within the COSM EFFECTS SONG memories.
D. SDH data access memory SONG
25. [COSM EFFECTS] button.
26. Set the [<] key the cursor under the storage area PATCH (P, S, U) and here select "S".
27. Set the [>] button the cursor under the PATCH space number.
28. The memory locations S01-30 try out.
If the SDH patches across his song used, you must be saved in USER space.
E. "Sounds of Heroes USER data in secure storage
29. Select the desired "Sounds of Heroes patch.
30. Set the [Down Arrow] key the cursor to "NAME WRITE".
31. [ENTER] key and select USER (= "U"!) Memory as a destination store.
32. Press [ENTER] 2x.
Repeat with all E. SDH patches again, the song-to be-independent.
To backup your own data (= TOTAL "ROLAND" folder) to transfer back into the BR-800, repeat the section C..
Only this time, their own backup copy to the BR-800 and found there "ROLAND" folder to replace. The "BR800SDH 'song is replaced in this process.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Tony W

Rob, I'm going to jump on that, but I want my damn firmware update first, any news anyone? My google must be broke, cause I can't find shit on it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR