HOPE For the BR-800!

Started by vierge99, August 23, 2010, 05:57:35 PM

vierge99

I've contacted BOSS support through their Back Stage Pass website and asked 3 questions.

1. Requested firmware update to include a recording count-in.

Boss Response:

"Without using a foot pedal, you can use auto punch to setup loop recording without recording the 'count in gap' as part of the loop."

2. Requested firmware update allowing use of Pitch Correction and other vocal insert effects on the internal microphone input setting.

Boss Response:

"You can use any of the effects you like. In the effect screen, cursor up and change the BANK to MICROPHONE, then cursor back down and select the effect you want (Pitch Correction, Harmony, etc..). Keep in mind that when using the built in stereo mic for recording a vocal, you probably want to have the input setup on MONO recording."

3. Requested firmware update to allow editing of audio on tracks similar to how the BR-600 could.

Boss Response:

"Hopefully we will see that soon. We have already made that request."

Just thought I'd pass along some encouraging news!  ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

Quote from: vierge99 on August 23, 2010, 05:57:35 PM"Without using a foot pedal, you can use auto punch to setup loop recording without recording the 'count in gap' as part of the loop."

I thought you said that you tried that and it didn't work because it included the count-in at the start of each loop iteration?

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=6710.msg109419#msg109419

Quote3. Requested firmware update to allow editing of audio on tracks similar to how the BR-600 could.

Boss Response:

A firmware update to enable better editing would be welcome news for BR-800 users.

Thanks for posting this!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

vierge99

I'm gonna have to try punching again. Maybe I didn't set it up right. It's a feature that even on my BR-600, I never touched.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 23, 2010, 06:37:23 PM
Quote3. Requested firmware update to allow editing of audio on tracks similar to how the BR-600 could.

Boss Response:

A firmware update to enable better editing would be welcome news for BR-800 users.
It would indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be a fantastic improvement !!! I'm missing it already after just a few days with the 800.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Geir

Quote from: Geir on August 24, 2010, 09:38:23 AM
Quote from: 64Guitars on August 23, 2010, 06:37:23 PM

Boss Response:

It would indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be a fantastic improvement !!! I'm missing it already after just a few days with the 800.
Has anyone heard any news on this subject?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: Geir on February 03, 2011, 07:35:55 AMHas anyone heard any news on this subject?

Not a dicky-bird. I just checked all of the main Roland/Boss websites and the latest update available is still version 1.06. I assume that editing was not changed in 1.06?
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Nope .. no change in the editing functions
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

I asked the local customer service here in Hungary about firmware development of br-800. A week later, yesterday he called me back and explained the info from Japan: engineers promised a new firmware with all of functions of br-600 like track editing and segment copy, the ETA is end of april - middle of may. This info came on service channel...

64Guitars

Thanks for the tip, szandras69. That will be welcome news to our members who have a BR-800, especially if the firmware update adds improved editing capabilities.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

That is indeed good news !!

The editing features is the one thing I miss the most comparing to the mbr ! (apart from the ability to put it in my pocket ;D )
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........