'The Rise and Fall of Mr Hot'

Started by Greeny, October 02, 2008, 04:36:35 AM

Greeny

I do have a full-time job. More than full-time at the moment. But that's not to say my mind is always on it! Even if I'm not songwriting I'm usually thinking about it, lol. And any comparison to anything Lennon related is very welcome. Strangely though, the most common comparison is to the band Crowded House and their singer Neil Finn. But he's a Lennon nut too, so it kind of makes sense.

This is very different to the 1985 version which was played on a classical acoustic guitar with a string missing, and a cardboard box for drums!

Ferryman_1957

This is another superb song, so glad it was bumped up. I love your psychedelic stuff, and this is one of the best. You and Prive were a great combo on this one as well. I think the 1985 version would be fun, cardboard box drums is very lo-fi!

Cheers,

Nigel

Satchwood

Soo cool...another hit song!!  really....another hit flippin song!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

Glad I found this!

This is Superb!!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Blooby

Another one I'll download from you.

And the simple addition of the bottom end really served to warm this one up.  I found the 12-string and Tele almost too shrill without it.  Frankly, I'm amazed at how much it changes the dynamics of the mix.  There's a lesson in there for me somewhere.

Great singing, great playing, and as always, great production.  You're just killing me with all this talent.  Ferryman told me you also do matchstick re-creations of famous scenes from West Side Story!  Too much!

Peace.

Blooby

p.s. - I thought you could only post one music file per thread.  Was that reversed?

Greeny

Yes... there was originally the ability to add subsequent re-mixes etc on the same thread. This got changed after an incident where someone got quite vocal in how much they hated 'work in progress' being posted.

AverGo

You really do sound like lennon. This is impressive layering and producing.
Will have to Download this one.

Flash Harry

I still keep coming back to this one Tim, it's superb.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

knniggits

Great song Greeny,your song writing skill never cease to amaze. :)
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

Vanncad

Hey Greeny,

This is a really good tune. Has a kind of "Marshall Tucker" feel to the intro. Your voice kind of sounds like the singer from "Moist" (a Canadian band).

Great arrangement and a really catchy tune. The backing vocals are excellent as well

Good job all around and "ready for radio".

- Vann
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover