What's the Best Way to get Micro BR Effects out through my Amp?

Started by Seadawwwg, October 01, 2008, 12:18:10 PM

I've used a 1/8" -- 1/4" adapter out of my headphone jack before sending into my amp but sometimes theres a buzzing sound and my tube tone is compromised a bit.

I've got a Marshall DSL 201 with Parallel EFX loop but haven't tried it yet. Has anybody tried using the BR in the EFX loop; is it possible to use it in place of a Rack Mount FX. I'm gonna tool around with it soon but seeking opinions/expertise/tips, etc.

Prive

Use the Headphone out to the effect return, you have to turn off the MBR's speaker simulator in every patch you use.

Good luck!!!
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Pdrive. Thanks for the tip....all the way from Argentina. Yeah!!! I use the BR in my effects loop (something I've never used before) and it works great. I turned off the speaker simulator and used my Parallel FX mix dial to balance my original tone with the EFX from the BR. Very, Very Sweet!!!!

I was thinking about picking up a delay, chorus and other pedals but why? I've already got them in my BR!!!! Pedals run about $100 each!!! And signal wise, it's best placed in the Effects loop so that my guitar signal is clean and pure going into the amp. The Marshall ROAR isn't compromised at all when I switch to my lead channel.

Glenn Mitchell

Ok, this sounds very interesting.
I have a basic Deluxe Reverb. No FX loops. Is there a way to use the BR FX on this amp which has no dedicated in-out for FX?
Would I just plug it in to the front like I would a stomp box? (and try not to instinctively stomp on it)
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

hooper

Hi Glenn

No problem. You just need to get a cable with a 1/8"M plug on one end and a 1/4"M plug on the other end and send the BR output into the front of your Deluxe Reverb. Should work with a mono 1/8 to 1/4.  I tried it on my Cube amp with a stereo cable but just left one of the 1/4" plugs dangling and it worked fine. If you get any hum try adjusting different levels of output volume on the BR and input volume on the amp.

Ken

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.