a new song "let me confess"

Started by tom r, July 29, 2010, 02:02:39 PM

tom r

Thanks Greeny. The Small Faces! it gets better and better. I absolutely loved the Small Faces. Yes it is lo Fi mainly due to my inabilty from a technical perspective. I need to either learn how to programme the drums or get someone to do it for me (the latter option appeals more)

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Greeny

Quote from: tom r on July 30, 2010, 03:34:17 AMThanks Greeny. The Small Faces! it gets better and better. I absolutely loved the Small Faces. Yes it is lo Fi mainly due to my inabilty from a technical perspective. I need to either learn how to programme the drums or get someone to do it for me (the latter option appeals more)

Tom

Lo-fi has a charm all of it's own. In these days of pristine digital cleanliness, it's sometimes the only thing that sounds fresh and interesting.

Stick with the drums - they terrified the sh*t out of me to begin with. Once you get your head around the 'measure' system on the MBR it's pretty easy (if time-consuming...). My best tip is not to restrict yourself to the verse 1 / verse 2 patterns. I use a lot of intros, endings and fills in my stuff. The intros in particular are quite interesting because they usually give you a decent beat with a built in fill at the end.

tom r

Yes i like a bit of hiss on me records. I shall take note of your sage advice and work on my drum programming skills. I might take it away with me on my holidays which will be commencing in 2 hours. Cornwall here i come :-)
cheers chaps

Tom
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

64Guitars

Quote from: tom r on July 30, 2010, 06:15:04 AMI might take it away with me on my holidays which will be commencing in 2 hours. Cornwall here i come :-)

Maybe you'll see Nigel (Ferryman) and henwrench.  :)

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=8022.msg106061#msg106061

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

OsCKilO

What a great song!!!!

Lo-fi superbness!!

I'm loving this Tom!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Satchwood

Cool tune and lyrics !  Gotta great psycho Manson vibe ~ i like the dirty grungy quality...this tune can give one a flashback for sure lol!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

djbride

I love the "lo-fi" quality of this.
Great lyrics and vocal.
I like the grunge sounding guitars.
great work.

Dave
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

SE

Excellent sound, vox good too a really cool listen.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

There is a real raw and ragged beauty to this.  Great songwriting, it reminds me of Joy Division, there are live tracks of them from the beginning and there is something similiar in feeling.  It feels very live for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand