Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

Trotters

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on March 13, 2010, 11:08:17 AM
Quote from: Saijinn Maas on March 12, 2010, 01:58:59 PM
Quote from: Trotters on March 12, 2010, 03:11:54 AM
Quote from: Saijinn Maas on March 01, 2010, 02:03:05 AMI'm actually dying to get a hold of this one...

Has EMG 81 (Bridge) /85 (Neck) active pickups. Great for Heavy Rhythm... At least that's what I intend to use it for. ;)

OMG no way!!!Just going to buy the Deluxe version in a few months when I get my paycheck!!!!!!!!!

Oooooh... The deluxe are nice. Love the inlays. AND it comes in white! But I like the red too. The wife won't let me spend THAT much, so the MH will have to do :P

(Hmm... it USED to come in white. Don't see the white one anywhere now.)

Might just have to scratch that and save for a REAL ESP!

Looks very similar, but it has a real Floyd Rose trem, is a neck-thru, and has an ebony fretboard. For only three times the price!!! 

More quotes!....I don't think I will ever buy the real deal ESP. THEY DO IT IN WHITE??? If they do......I'm off shopping now

Flash Harry

I have been working all hours and weekends and I have some really nice overtime built up. Now you know the rules, O/T is for treats and we are talking a serious treat here so I had this in mind. I have always wanted one - a real one, not a copy or a Squier, but a real American Standard Jazz with a lovely neck and fabulous action. I've played them in the shop, I know how nice they are, I know that lovely growly tone and the iconic appearance.

On the other hand, my wife wants new bedroom furniture......
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Trotters on March 23, 2010, 03:38:25 AMMore quotes!....I don't think I will ever buy the real deal ESP. THEY DO IT IN WHITE??? If they do......I'm off shopping now

Doesn't look like they sell it anymore, but I found I pic of it.

AndyR

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 23, 2010, 09:35:31 AMI have been working all hours and weekends and I have some really nice overtime built up. Now you know the rules, O/T is for treats and we are talking a serious treat here so I had this in mind. I have always wanted one - a real one, not a copy or a Squier, but a real American Standard Jazz with a lovely neck and fabulous action. I've played them in the shop, I know how nice they are, I know that lovely growly tone and the iconic appearance.

Do what we do ... she buys the bass, you buy the bedroom furniture... :)

Actually, that possibly wouldn't work for us in this case - we'd regard the furniture as "house stuff"...

Hmmm... does she really not quite understand the rules around O/T? :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Bluesbreaker1960

Gibson ES-175 Reissue.. SWEET!

Ted

Quote from: Bluesbreaker1960 on March 23, 2010, 02:36:47 PMGibson ES-175 Reissue.. SWEET!

Now that's one forbidding guitar!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

IanR

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 23, 2010, 09:35:31 AMI have been working all hours and weekends and I have some really nice overtime built up. Now you know the rules, O/T is for treats and we are talking a serious treat here so I had this in mind. I have always wanted one - a real one, not a copy or a Squier, but a real American Standard Jazz with a lovely neck and fabulous action. I've played them in the shop, I know how nice they are, I know that lovely growly tone and the iconic appearance.

I was in the same position last year.  Life is too short to wait for such a nice instrument.  Its not being selfish, you actually deserve to treat yourself now and then.  Most husbands and fathers put themselves last, despite what the wife says. Believe me, it makes a big difference to your motivation and the quality of your playing.  So my advice is do it and do it NOW!

Here is a picture of the American Standard Strat, that replaced the Squire Strat I had for about 5 years.  
Its the only guitar I will ever want.  I am no collector.  I just wanted to have this quality with me when I play.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Saijinn Maas

IanR

That is one awesome guitar!  ;)

Hi All, had this one for more years than I care to remember. I think it's late 50's but I'll have to go on line to make sure. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

SteveB

Quote from: chapperz66 on March 19, 2010, 05:28:47 AM
Quote from: SteveB on July 02, 2009, 06:10:57 PMLarger version of my Avatar. Eric Clapton Fender Strat - must be Candy Apple Green.

Hi Steve - do you mean like this one? I was told the colour is called 7-up green.  I got this second hand about 10 years ago.  I spotted it in a music shop window as I was driving past.  I had to stop at a set of traffic lights, glanced across and spotted it.  It's a very nice guitar and you're right - a col colour.[img][img]

CHP66 - Sorry for delay in reply (Domestic issues). Well, wow. I think that must be the brightest Green-coloured guitar I've ever seen!? Is it a Clapton? Has Tim Green of this Forum seen your photo?
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon