Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on March 12, 2010, 01:58:59 PM
Quote from: Trotters on March 12, 2010, 03:11:54 AM
Quote from: Saijinn Maas on March 01, 2010, 02:03:05 AMI'm actually dying to get a hold of this one...

Has EMG 81 (Bridge) /85 (Neck) active pickups. Great for Heavy Rhythm... At least that's what I intend to use it for. ;)

OMG no way!!!Just going to buy the Deluxe version in a few months when I get my paycheck!!!!!!!!!

Oooooh... The deluxe are nice. Love the inlays. AND it comes in white! But I like the red too. The wife won't let me spend THAT much, so the MH will have to do :P

(Hmm... it USED to come in white. Don't see the white one anywhere now.)

Might just have to scratch that and save for a REAL ESP!

Looks very similar, but it has a real Floyd Rose trem, is a neck-thru, and has an ebony fretboard. For only three times the price!!! 

Ted

My electric guitar is a Squire Telecaster, and I like the sound of Tele.  I can't justify having more than one electric guitar, but I'm having whammy envy.  What should I do?  Mod or trade?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Ted on March 14, 2010, 12:55:01 PMMy electric guitar is a Squire Telecaster, and I like the sound of Tele.  I can't justify having more than one electric guitar, but I'm having whammy envy.  What should I do?  Mod or trade?

Wow... I'd have a hard time only having one guitar. Are you sure your only options are to mod or trade it?

I know that I have to have different set ups for different things.

Ted

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on March 14, 2010, 01:40:21 PM
Quote from: Ted on March 14, 2010, 12:55:01 PMMy electric guitar is a Squire Telecaster, and I like the sound of Tele.  I can't justify having more than one electric guitar, but I'm having whammy envy.  What should I do?  Mod or trade?

I have three guitars

Wow... I'd have a hard time only having one guitar. Are you sure your only options are to mod or trade it?

I know that I have to have different set ups for different things.

I have three guitars (Tele, acoustic, and backpacker), and two basses (electric and acoustic).  That probably sounds small to some of you addicts, but it's enough for me.  I neglect my electric and my backpacker the most.  I'd like to have just one versatile electric guitar to neglect, and no more. 

So: mod or trade?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

64Guitars

Quote from: Ted on March 14, 2010, 02:21:07 PMI'd like to have just one versatile electric guitar to neglect, and no more. 

If you want a versatile electric guitar with a whammy bar, I highly recommend the Godin xtSA.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinxtsap.htm

Or check out some of the other Godins. They're very versatile and the quality is fantastic.

My xtSA has two humbuckers, a single-coil in the middle, and piezo transducers in the bridge. The piezos allow me to get a reasonably good acoustic sound. And there's a 13-pin GK output, so no need to buy a clunky GK3 add-on pickup if you later decide to get a guitar synth or VG-99. The xtSA has it all.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Ted

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 14, 2010, 02:56:03 PM
Quote from: Ted on March 14, 2010, 02:21:07 PMI'd like to have just one versatile electric guitar to neglect, and no more. 

If you want a versatile electric guitar with a whammy bar, I highly recommend the Godin xtSA.

http://www.godinguitars.com/godinxtsap.htm

Or check out some of the other Godins. They're very versatile and the quality is fantastic.

My xtSA has two humbuckers, a single-coil in the middle, and piezo transducers in the bridge. The piezos allow me to get a reasonably good acoustic sound. And there's a 13-pin GK output, so no need to buy a clunky GK3 add-on pickup if you later decide to get a guitar synth or VG-99. The xtSA has it all.

Thanks alot for the GAS, 64!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

peterp

I've been thinking of adding a bass for a while to aid my recording attempts,
and this weekend wandering around some music shop sales I picked up a Squire Classic Vibe 60's P-Bass.
(I'm not a bass player so the learning cycle begins yet again on a new instrument.)

It did sound good played by someone who knows what they are doing through a 400 watt bass amp,
which is something I don't have.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

robsmith

Hello,

Wow, what a great birthday weekend (I turned 47 on Sunday)! I picked up a brand new Fender Highway One Telecaster on Saturday.  Wow! Lovin' the twangy tone ...

Greeny

Quote from: robsmith on March 15, 2010, 10:54:54 AMHello,

Wow, what a great birthday weekend (I turned 47 on Sunday)! I picked up a brand new Fender Highway One Telecaster on Saturday.  Wow! Lovin' the twangy tone ...

That's a beaut. I want one of those in the same finish, but can't justify another telecaster (yet!). I did just change the scratchplate on my white one though (like the pic below, except mine has a maple neck - a particular telecaster essential for me).

Happy twanging!!!

chapperz66

Quote from: SteveB on July 02, 2009, 06:10:57 PMLarger version of my Avatar. Eric Clapton Fender Strat - must be Candy Apple Green.

Hi Steve - do you mean like this one? I was told the colour is called 7-up green.  I got this second hand about 10 years ago.  I spotted it in a music shop window as I was driving past.  I had to stop at a set of traffic lights, glanced across and spotted it.  It's a very nice guitar and you're right - a col colour.[img][img]