Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

Tony W

My next guitar is going to be a custom built from the ground up model. When I have money set aside for it, I'm posting polls on every piece of hardware. You good folks are going to help me build it.

That's my next hair brain scheme and I'm sticking to it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Well, I just purchase an Ibanez RX60 Ivory that should be delivered sometime early next week I am guessing.

Looks like this one

I'll be upgrading the tremolo, tuners, and the pickups! Can't wait!

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Tony W on October 06, 2009, 12:04:32 PMMy next guitar is going to be a custom built from the ground up model. When I have money set aside for it, I'm posting polls on every piece of hardware. You good folks are going to help me build it.

That's my next hair brain scheme and I'm sticking to it.

Are you going to choose the parts and HAVE it built for you, or are you going to do the build yourself?

Bluesberry

Nice one Saij!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear it in action.  Go man go!!!! Long live the GAS!!!!!!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

Saij - great question. It is turning into a home project, and I mean a home project. I actually think I have all the rough lumber that I need. I cut dead wood for the winter anyway, so its not like I don't have plenty. I have a local retiree that is quite a craftsman who just committed to helping me with the project. I have Steve M who will be my technical advisor. Worst case scenario I have a pretty guitar that plays like shit!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: upsetminded on October 06, 2009, 10:29:15 AMHad my eye on this beauty electric 12

Can we look forward to any Byrds covers (even though it's not a Rickenbacker)?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Quote from: Ted on October 06, 2009, 10:01:15 PM
Quote from: upsetminded on October 06, 2009, 10:29:15 AMHad my eye on this beauty electric 12

Can we look forward to any Byrds covers (even though it's not a Rickenbacker)?

Oh, no - For Byrds covers you need a Rick and Granny Glasses.

BTW - I have the Byrds' box set. Anybody want it? Pay me the shipping and I'll send it to you. First come first serve so act quick!!!

I'm all about sharing now that hard disk space is cheap  ;)
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

upsetminded

QuoteCan we look forward to any Byrds covers (even though it's not a Rickenbacker)?

I'm actually hoping to do some Brian Jonestown Massacre covers.  The 12 string leads are too hard on my acoustic 12 and my pitch shifter pedal isn't quite getting the sound I want on my six.
But Byrds yeah sure....I haven't posted any songs yet, but I'm starting to get a space together and some time so maybe, finally a song from me before my year anniversary on this board  ::)
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

upsetminded

By the way...Have you guys seen the Airline remakes?  Got to play with a few at a local guit shop.  Pretty cool stuff.

I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

Davo

Quote from: upsetminded on October 07, 2009, 06:41:07 AMBy the way...Have you guys seen the Airline remakes?  Got to play with a few at a local guit shop.  Pretty cool stuff.

Yep they are pretty cool.  I want the Mosrite Ventures model.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe