Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

SteveB

A thorn between two roses.
If these two could be the '...flights of Angels to sing me to my rest. (Then I would go)...gentle into that good night.'
Will & Dyl.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Speed Demon

Okay. You've controlled yourself long enough, and admirably, now go buy that guitar!

Pick one up for me, also.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Blooby

Quote from: SteveB on March 28, 2014, 04:36:05 PMA thorn between two roses.
If these two could be the '...flights of Angels to sing me to my rest. (Then I would go)...gentle into that good night.'
Will & Dyl.

I don't mean to sound wimpy, but I don't think my shoulder and back could hack a Les Paul for much duration these days. I think a Strat is much more versatile as well.

Just one man's two cents (but with zero horse sense).

Blooby

Hook

Quote from: Blooby on March 28, 2014, 05:37:36 PMI don't mean to sound wimpy, but I don't think my shoulder and back could hack a Les Paul for much duration these days. I think a Strat is much more versatile as well.

Just one man's two cents (but with zero horse sense).

Blooby

What a wuss!!!....wait...I play a uke

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Quote from: Blooby on March 28, 2014, 05:37:36 PMI don't mean to sound wimpy, but I don't think my shoulder and back could hack a Les Paul for much duration these days. I think a Strat is much more versatile as well.

A good guitar strap can make a big difference. I don't think my Godin is especially heavy (not like a Les Paul anyway) but I was used to my Ibanez which is very light. So when I got the Godin, it seemed heavy to me and bothered my shoulder. I looked at a lot of straps in the store but they were all either made from stiff leather or were too skinny. The store manager suggested I try a Neotech SuperAx strap. He didn't have any in stock but offered to order one in for me without obligation. Well, I bought it and it's the best guitar strap I've ever owned. The section that sits on your shoulder is padded and quite wide. And the narrow section with the buckles is made from a material that's slightly stretchy (Neotech calls it their "control-stretch design"). It acts like a shock absorber to lessen the strain from movement. I find it very comfortable.

http://neotechstraps.com/super-strap.html

They also make one for bass guitarists that has an extra-wide shoulder pad.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Speed Demon

I never liked attaching a strap to the headstock of an instrument. Especially on an acoustic guitar.
This puts a lateral strain on the neck where it joins the body, when the instrument is in the playing position.
Thank goodness for heavy truss rods. Many early acoustic guitars didn't have truss rods in the neck.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

danieldesete

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 28, 2014, 09:25:08 PM
Quote from: Hook on March 28, 2014, 06:02:14 PMWhat a wuss!!!....wait...I play a uke

There's a Neotech strap for you too. :)

http://neotechstraps.com/mandolin-strap.html

I've one of these Neotech strap to hold my bass and indeed I fell really confortable with it. Ugly but confy.

Thats a nice little dolfin uke...
hou hou ha ha

Hilary

I've got a strap for my uke, it's a lot more comfy to play now ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Hook

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 28, 2014, 09:25:08 PMThere's a Neotech strap for you too. :)

Thanks brother  ;D! I'm a $5 strap kind of guy, in fact one of my straps is emblazoned with the oh so impressive name of "First Act". With the uke/mando I'm cool with the cheap straps, but for the last year or so I've been going through bouts with my shoulder. During the week I wear my acoustic most of the day (about 6-7 hours total or so) for work and I never see a strap that looks comfortable at Guitar Center or Sam Ash & those all coast $30-$40. I think a buddy of mine loaned me one these straps for a gig once and it indeed was fab, so thanks for the link brother, looks like I'm getting a new strap.

Quote from: Speed Demon on March 28, 2014, 09:38:26 PMI never liked attaching a strap to the headstock of an instrument. Especially on an acoustic guitar.
This puts a lateral strain on the neck where it joins the body, when the instrument is in the playing position.

I agree, I've added strap pegs to all my acoustic guitars, mando, & I even did my baritone uke which sadly isn't playable anymore. My Epiphone Uke has 2 factory strap pegs on it but I'm pretty good on the uke or mando without a strap.
Strap On! (that's sounds worse than I intended!)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely