Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

64Guitars

That harp ukulele is cool. But why is he sitting on his dog?  ???

The guitalele is cool too. I think Bluesberry has one of those. Hell, what doesn't Bluesberry have? :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Redler

Quote from: Redler on January 12, 2013, 09:41:36 AMWithin couple days I'll receive this  Tanglewood TW145/12 SC ...lefthand version, though!

Kari

She arrived yesterday... very clear and mellow sounding guitar!!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 15, 2013, 04:18:12 PMThis looks interesting. And it weighs only 3 pounds! Available in February.

http://gittlerinstruments.com/

I played a thing like this in 1985/6 or so at the London Music Show. Didn't have any lights, and I'm not sure what it was made of, but it looked exactly like that.

It was the "next thing after steinberg" and their headless/bodyless instruments. But it obviously never took off like those did...

It was, er, interesting :D. It was playable, but... Everyone around it was "hey wow!" but then after they played it they went "er, ok..." and walked away looking for a guitar instead.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

64Guitars

Quote from: AndyR on January 16, 2013, 01:45:58 AMIt was, er, interesting :D. It was playable, but... Everyone around it was "hey wow!" but then after they played it they went "er, ok..." and walked away looking for a guitar instead.

Yeah. It's more of a novelty or showpiece than a guitar that I'd actually want. I just posted it because it's new and I thought it was interesting. I probably should have posted it in a different topic since it's not really a guitar that I want. I'm sure I couldn't afford one anyway.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Blooby

The possibilities of string bending intrigue me.  It's like a scalloped neck on steroids.

Blooby

AndyR

Quote from: Blooby on January 16, 2013, 09:36:52 AMThe possibilities of string bending intrigue me.  It's like a scalloped neck on steroids.

Blooby

Yep, that's one thing it definitely has going for it :D. On the one I tried in the 80s, I remember feeling very odd that I couldn't feel a fretboard.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Speed Demon

I'm not sure I'd like bending strings during lead work, on it, but it would work well just dipping and shaking the strings, if it had a tremolo unit.

The feel of the fingerboard has a lot to do with string bends.

If it had a spearhead headstock it might also work as a shovel.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

dasilvasings

I had a vision last night:

A seven string bassulele: tuned from low to high: E A D G C E A

First 3+1 strings is a normal bass, but then you could play ukulele chords in the last 3+1 strings.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Speed Demon

You may have to build this puppy yourself. With that many bass strings, I think you will need to use a section of railroad track for a truss rod. And hydraulically operated tuners. 100 to 1 gear ratio.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

phantasm777

don't recall if I commented on this before but I want:

a few rickenbacher basses.
Gibson sg bass
Gibson sg guitars
Gibson flying V's
           destroyers

off the top of my head. haven't tried all the guitars and basses out there to know which ones I like better.