Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

bazz-t-bass

Only just got round to this but I'll take the Aspen Green Gretsch that "The Green One" kicked this thread off with 5 years ago.

Bazz
recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Boss BR-600

WHAT IF? the hokey cokey is really what it's all about????

Flash Harry

I would so like a Chapman Stick, preferably the 12 string grand with Vilex pickups - anyone got one?
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: dasilvasings on August 15, 2013, 11:08:49 AMI had a vision last night:

A seven string bassulele: tuned from low to high: E A D G C E A

First 3+1 strings is a normal bass, but then you could play ukulele chords in the last 3+1 strings.

A friend of mine built an acoustic harp guitar. The thing has about 20 strings on the three necks. The top neck has the bass strings, the middle is guitar strings, and the bottom has sort of harp strings. Very cool looking and it sounds great. Your description of your dreamed guitar reminded me of it. I'll see if I can find a picture and post it up. Come to think of it it may have just two necks and the harp strings go across the lower body.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Speed Demon

These babies require long fingers and a strong back. Possibly a sick mind, as well.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Mike_S

I would love this, but don't have the 2 or 3 grand needed :(

A Rory Gallagher Signature Strat

recorder
iPad GarageBand

AndyR

Quote from: Mike_S on October 01, 2013, 06:54:59 AMI would love this, but don't have the 2 or 3 grand needed :(

A Rory Gallagher Signature Strat

I ummed and aahed about these when they came out.... (and they were cheaper then!)

Eventually I found one in the flesh and decided it wasn't for me - somehow they don't quite look right up close. Having said that, I've heard from someone who has got one, and he says his is a STUNNING guitar.

I ended up getting one of the Roadworn 60s in sunburst - now that, or mine anyway, is a stunning guitar as well. Does a mean Rory. I have been tempted several times to further relic it, I have enough pictures of Rory's, but so far I've decided that would be daft because it's so pretty in it's own right!

Btw the way - do you know that there's another set of Rory remasters released 2012-2013? I only found out a week ago. They're the original mixes remastered, original covers, etc... rather than the horrendous hatchet job and remixing they did in 1999.

I was a bit dubious at first, but I tried a couple, and they ARE fabulous - his albums now sound, on CD, like I remember them in various bedsits in the early 80s. I'm listening to Rory Gallagher again - haven't done so regularly for 13 years or so...

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Mike_S

Yes really like the idea of those roadworn strats... i think i might treat myself to one if i ever have the spare cash.

Thanks for the info on the Rory Gallagher re-issues... I was looking them up and stumbled on this live performance... good for a laptop, pair of good headphones and a nice beer some evening (that's what I am gonna do soon!!)
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Neo

Well the guitar I wanted didn't exist, so I built it myself.

It's a left handed Strat' style alder body, maple neck and fingerboard in the Kramer 'hockey stick' style. It features a Floyd Rose licensed copy, Vanson Locking Tuners and a Chris Carter EVP (Brown Sound) Humbucker in the bridge position.

I love it and can't put it down.  ;D

A picture of it is attached in the link beneath.

Near Earth Object

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase

SteveB

Whoo, nice. Wait till Tommy( Fenderbender), sees yer geet, he'll be over the moon. A lefty also.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

fenderbender

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Ohhhhh that looks like the bees knees
reminds me of the old Burns Masquerador I had years ago
it's like  the Burns and a Strat had a child
cant wait to hear what it sounds like
My hat off to you -I'm dead jealous