Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

IanR

Quote from: Speed Demon on October 22, 2011, 05:48:58 PMMan, you have just got to HAVE one of these!

Probably need to use a piano shipping crate for a case.

Is it Rick Neilson's?  It looks like it could be Cheap Trick guitar?

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

64Guitars

Quote from: IanR on October 22, 2011, 10:53:27 PMIs it Rick Neilson's?  It looks like it could be Cheap Trick guitar?

Well spotted Ian!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Speed Demon

While standing, is it even possible to reach and play on the bottom-most neck?

I think this guy could reach it.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

joedonner2001

I've just done a straight swap of my Gibson SG Custom VOS for a 50th Anniversary 1960 Gibson Les Paul Standard Limited Edition in Sunset Tea Burst.  She is a real beauty.

Strangely enough I eventually found I just couldn't bond with the SG no matter how hard I tried, and it was getting on my nerves.  The Les Paul suits me much better.

Burtog

Both sweet guitars but the Les Paul gets my vote!!
recorder
Boss BR-800

joedonner2001

Well, for years I thought I preferred SGs, until I got that Les Paul Custom in faded cherry - I posted pics of it earlier in this thread (page 24).

Purely on looks I actually prefer the SG Custom, but we just weren't meant for each other.  This 1960 Les Paul is almost a tad too pretty for me, but it feels good when I hug it closely   ;)

All in all I'm very happy with the swap, and the guy who got the SG immediately like it.  Just goes to show...

Speed Demon

Yes! Les Paul, every time.
Although the SG has the same neck and hardware as a Les Paul. Just a different body style.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

joedonner2001

The SG is like a pretty city girl on high heels, while the Les Paul is like a pretty, old-fashioned solid farm girl.  Guess I'm a farm girl kinda guy after all.

;D

Vanncad

I'm with Burtog.

That LP is an awesome looking guitar.

Congratulations!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Geir

I'd want both ;D ... I don't think I would have the heart to get rid of that SG, tho I'd really want that Les Paul as well !!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........