Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

Speed Demon

Greeny, I played a Hagstrom bass just like that one, back when Fred Flintstone was still in diapers.
I also had a Hagstrom electric twelve-string. Light blue in color. They helped me put food on the table for many years. Nothing like the shred machines I use today but still fine instruments.

Snap it up before it gets away from you forever.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Greeny

Quote from: Speed Demon on February 16, 2011, 03:38:30 AMGreeny, I played a Hagstrom bass just like that one, back when Fred Flintstone was still in diapers.
I also had a Hagstrom electric twelve-string. Light blue in color. They helped me put food on the table for many years. Nothing like the shred machines I use today but still fine instruments.

Don't get me started on electric 12-strings, lol. I keep trying to forget that I want one... !

FuzzFace

Quote from: Gritter on February 15, 2011, 05:17:33 PMI'm in need of a bass and I think I just fell in love, her name is Hagstrom and she's one year my senior:

I used to have this bass in black (the right-handed edition).  I loved it... it played very easily.

Tony W

Quote from: AndyR on February 14, 2011, 11:12:58 AMI have feeling Tony thought you're one of the people who feel that PRSs can be soul-less sometimes - as far as I can recall from this thread you're not, but I'm sure someone is bound to have said it :D (can't be bothered to go back and check).

EDIT: It might even have been me! The PRSs I've tried haven't spoken to me, and some seemed particularly luxurious and, er, can't think of a better term than the "soul-less"... But one man's "this geetar has soul" is another man's "omigod how do you play that thing!!!"

IT was you!!!! It's been eating at me for a long time! I honestly don't mind though. What is right for one, isn't right for everyone. I'll chirp in on the corny sayings for today.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

:D

I had a feeling it was me... I can't think of a better (or at least a less perjorative term) to describe why they didn't feel right for me... I'll work on it! :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Gritter

Quote from: AndyR on February 16, 2011, 11:44:10 AM:D

I had a feeling it was me... I can't think of a better (or at least a less perjorative term) to describe why they didn't feel right for me... I'll work on it! :)

perjorative?

AndyR

Er... yeah... just looked it up... (it don't exist! :D)

I thought I knew what it meant!!!??£*!!

Words are failing me... obviously working too hard... used up my allocatted word-allowance for the month already... (I'm a Technical Author ::))

Perhaps I need to lie down, or play me guitar, or something :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

chapperz66

The sad thing is - I knew what you meant!  I think....

I suspect I'm working too hard.  Interim management is harder than I thought it would be.

Paul

Greeny

Quote from: Greeny on February 16, 2011, 03:45:56 AM
Quote from: Speed Demon on February 16, 2011, 03:38:30 AMGreeny, I played a Hagstrom bass just like that one, back when Fred Flintstone was still in diapers.

Don't get me started on electric 12-strings, lol. I keep trying to forget that I want one... !

This Burns Double Six would do it for me...

64Guitars

Quote from: Gritter on February 16, 2011, 03:06:39 PMperjorative?

Quote from: AndyR on February 17, 2011, 01:06:40 AMEr... yeah... just looked it up... (it don't exist! :D)

I thought I knew what it meant!!!??£*!!

I think you meant pejorative.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig